Modding a Blackwidow 2014?

REX.exe

I bought my BLackwidow WAY WAY WAY before I got my rig. I don't even have it yet. But I've been thinking of modding it to suit my black and white themed build. And the green Razer logo on the front of the keyboard doesn't exactly blend in.

I could always turn the LED off, but I like the logo and would like to leave it on. 

**This is a Blackwidow 2014 NOT  the ultimate.**

I want to make the Razer logo LED on the front white. Maybe the LED is like the one on the GTX cards, just scrape off the translucent paint and replace it. Maybe not.

Has anyone ever done this before? Does anyone know a tutorial for this? Most of the tutorials are just how to use Synapse to change the Chromas color :L

Thank you for your consideration! 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

It's a shame you didn't go for chroma keyboard. It lets you customize the LED color however you want without actually tear open the keyboard itself and replacing the LED.

I myself haven't tried it but it seems like an easy job if you know the voltage of the lighting used in razer keyboards. Also I have the same keboard as yours. there seems to be 4 nails under the keyboard. unscrew them and see what's inside. maybe providing a picture would help a lot.

Looks like the diffuser should be white, based on a 2013 ultimate, so you would need to change the LED to fet a different colour.

100_1334.jpg

Depending on how the board is wired and what resistor is used a whit LED will be dimmer or may not light up, but it's not that difficult to try it out, just getting it open will be difficult.

Resources you can use:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/83989-tear-apart-blackwidow-ultimate-2013-a.html

Video- Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013