Need a new Wireless Mouse!

LarryBC

I have been burned too many times on wireless mice! I need help picking a new one.

I currently have the Logitech Performance MX. It has lots of good reviews online, but it's actually terrible. The first one I got had a spongy RMB that didn't click. Sent it back to Amazon and the replacement seemed to work fairly well. About 3 months later it started having issues. The scroll wheel frequently double scrolls and the LMB frequently double clicks. I use my computer mainly for web browsing but I also play games often. These 2 issues combined make this mouse unbearable in both of those activities.

I was considering picking up the Razer Mamba, but I've read that mouse has similar issues with its build quality or even worse. I'm willing to spend up to $150 if I can finally get a wireless mouse with decent build quality. I don't need anything too fancy with a macro keypad on the side, and I wouldn't mind giving up side-to-side tilting scroll wheel functionality (that always seems janky anyway).

If you are gaming you would really be better going with a wired mouse as it has far less input lag.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

If you are gaming you would really be better going with a wired mouse as it has far less input lag.

I've heard that, but I've never really noticed the input lag and it doesn't bother me.

I use my computer in bed, so I don't like cables. Also, in my experience the cable always gets in the way or impedes my movement.

I've heard that, but I've never really noticed the input lag and it doesn't bother me.

I use my computer in bed, so I don't like cables. Also, in my experience the cable always gets in the way or impedes my movement.

I doubt that you will be able to find that many wireless gaming mice. The input lag is only really a problem if you play CSGO or very high paced FPS.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

...wireless mice! I need help picking a new one...

May I suggest the Gigabyte Aire M93 Ice

After two failed MX Anywhere within 36 months (the typical double click nonsense with these mice) I swore off Logitech MX. I've seen quite a few recommendations for Gigabyte mice, I wanted a wireless and I was lucky enough to find a deal on M93. It's usually €40-€50 but I got it for €30

I have to say for €30 I am extremely happy with it, but I think €50 would probably be too much for what you get.

Positives

• Build quality seems good (only used for 4-5 months, so can't truly say if it will stand the test of time.)
  • Single rechargeable AA lasts ages, over a month, even with all day every day use.
  • AA means you can keep fully charged Eneloop or similar and change the battery immediately if you need to.
  • Works while charging the battery in the mouse
  • It's a nice shape for finger tip use or claw.
  • All buttons feel positive
  • Scroll wheel is good, very light clicks between steps, no odd jumps like you get with some cheap wheels
  • Side tilt is positive, little danger of accidental activation

Indifferent

• The free-scroll button is a bit weird and I tend not to use it. I prefer the hyper-scoll on Logitech that disengages the ratchet, but Gigabyte free-scroll can do left-right as well as up-down.
  • The 'Ice' blue buttons and blue lightning flash are quite silly.
  • 1200dpi & 2000dpi are the only options. I prefer it on 1200dpi.
  • No teflon feet, but the textured plastic base is surprisingly smooth gliding on a cloth pad. However, I don't think I'd want to use it on a hard pad. 

Negatives

• Does not work wired, the micro USB is for charging only.
  • Off centre optical sensor (I don't mind this, but I know other people will care.)
  • Probably too small for most people to palm grip.
  • Smooth texture on left button has worn shiny quite quickly, not a problem and feels fine but noted in case it matters to someone.
  • After 6-7 months use I'm noticing a small amount of flex and faint click from right side panel

N.B. I haven't really played games using this mouse, that's not why I chose it. Unfortunately I can't say if the sensor is competitive enough and you will need to google for reviews to find out.

Get a Logitech MX Master !

(and do a review for us so we know what it's like)

The Logitech G602 is actually quite good and a decent price at £45. I've tried the Steelseries Sensei Wireless and I liked it but it was too expensive to justify for me, however Amazon.com list it at $119 which is well in your budget.

Get a Logitech MX Master !

(and do a review for us so we know what it's like)

For what it's worth I've found a few comments elsewhere that are quite scathing about the quality of the software for this, albeit with acknowledgements that it's typical of Logitech to have bad software to start with and it could improve considerably over the next few versions. Comments also note poor bluetooth performance and that MX Master may be designed for Windows 10. I don't know how much of this is hype or overreaction, but I think it's enough to recommend doing as much research as possible before purchase.