photoshop rig

sirbuteodor

1. Budget & Location

I am from Europe but I have a friend in US who's coming back and I plan to buy the most important componets from the US.

The buget is in the range of $2000

2. Aim

I'm building this rig just for photoshop editing( i will not use any of its 3D capabilities).

3. Monitors

I plan to run 2 monitors. an 23 " samsung and a 27" dell.

4. Peripherals

I already have all the peripherals needed.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Well , I'm a mac user. Macs are awsome , the OS is owesome but are so expensive. I can't aford an Mac pro so I decided to go with Windows.

Just some guidelines:

I want 2 ssd ( one for system and the other one for PS skratch partition ) , one 2TB hhd and 32 gigs of RAM

Becouse I am a mac user I have no ideea of the components from the market , which one are better or what are the best brants to entrust.

Please help and thank you in advance.

CPU: i7 5820k @ 4.3ghz         MB: msi x99s sli plus         CPU cooler: h110             RAM: 2x4gb ddr4 2133mhz            GPU: sapphire 280x toxic              SSDs: 850 pro 128 gb and Intel 330 180gb

I can tell you what the five fastest consumer SSDs currently are! Any one of those would be a good choice. I ranked them according to the average performance of the 256GB models based on reviews by different websites.

1. Samsung 840 Pro

2. OCZ Vector

3. Plextor M5 Pro

4. OCZ Vertex 4

5. Corsair Neutron GTX

For RAM, the manufacturer doesn't matter, as performance is the same. You should be careful to at least buy 1600MHz DIMMs (as opposed to 1333MHz). In games the difference is negligible (one single fps improvement), but in editing you might benefit from it more. Another thing to consider as you seem to have the budget for it, is buying RAM that has a heat spreader. Today this is pretty standard though.

Can't say anything abt HDDs because they are not my field of expertise.

Why not build a hackintosh? With a budget of $2000 you can build a pretty sweet one. Here's my projected hackintosh build:

i7 3770K CPU $319.99

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH Motherboard $264.99

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC $359.99

SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD $224.99

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm HDD $139.99

Corsair Vengeance Black 4x8GB $173.98

Corsair H100i Cooler $119.99

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 WiFi Adapter $44.99

IOGear Bluetooth Adapter GBU521 $17.03

Fractal Design Define R4 Case (White) $119.99

Cooler Master Silen Pro Gold 800W Modular PSU $159.99

Total Cost $1945.92 (plus taxes & shipping)

You can get a lot of info on what parts are compatible and how to install OS X at tonymacx86.

the hackintosh is quite tempting and I'm gonna think about that.

I was searching the web and I found this motherboard http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/

Is it true that makes PS 5 time faster or it's there just for marketing purposes?

CPU: i7 5820k @ 4.3ghz         MB: msi x99s sli plus         CPU cooler: h110             RAM: 2x4gb ddr4 2133mhz            GPU: sapphire 280x toxic              SSDs: 850 pro 128 gb and Intel 330 180gb

the hackintosh is quite tempting and I'm gonna think about that. I was searching the web and I found this motherboard http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/ Is it true that makes PS 5 time faster or it's there just for marketing purposes?

From what I can see, it's just making a RAMdisk, which you can do on your own.

If you're thinking about building a hackintosh, make sure you use parts from the tonymacx86 approved list. Otherwise you may end up with incompatibility issues.