Does the Adobe suite utilize dedicated gpu?

Radsta

Hey guys, I'm looking at a very cheap Acer 8481 laptop (i5 @1.6ghz-2.3ghz turbo), 8gb ram), it does not have a graphics graphics, just the intel hd 3000 onboard. I am looking to use this laptop at uni, and mostly using some light photoshop, heavy indesign (folio based work) and some illustrator. I can't seem to find any useful information about the adobe suite in relation to graphic card performance. How much of the software utilizes the gpu, I can nab this laptop for $230 AUD so it is really cheap. I already have a beast desktop rig where I do most of my work, just want to use this at uni for working on stuff in classes and presentations, so essentially microsoft office and the adobe suite.

Will not having a gpu onboard be too much of an issue?

Cheers.

CPU: Intel i7 3820 @ 4.37Ghz | RAM: Kingston Hyper X 16Gb | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr ii edition | Storage: 2 x Samsung Evo 840 500GB (Raid 0) | PSU: Corsair RM-850 | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler: Corsair H110 | OS: Win7 | Monitor: Sony 40" TV | Mouse: Corsair M65 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Audio: Harman/Kardon

Hey guys, I'm looking at a very cheap Acer 8481 laptop (i5 @1.6ghz-2.3ghz turbo), 8gb ram), it does not have a graphics graphics, just the intel hd 3000 onboard. I am looking to use this laptop at uni, and mostly using some light photoshop, heavy indesign (folio based work) and some illustrator. I can't seem to find any useful information about the adobe suite in relation to graphic card performance. How much of the software utilizes the gpu, I can nab this laptop for $230 AUD so it is really cheap. I already have a beast desktop rig where I do most of my work, just want to use this at uni for working on stuff in classes and presentations, so essentially microsoft office and the adobe suite.

Will not having a gpu onboard be too much of an issue?

Cheers.

Yes it does but only for the supported cards and for some cards you will need to edit the config file.

For Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator I think you wouldn't be seeing that much of a difference even if they took advantage of the gpu. That would be more suitable for Premiere and After Effects, but I'm not sure.. At least from what I've used (I had a shitty i5 notebook and have an i7 w/r9 290 rig at home) it was ok on both.

Thanks for the help guys, I should have mentioned I will be using CS5.1 not CS6, not sure if that makes a huge difference, I won't be using premiere or after effects.

Cheers

CPU: Intel i7 3820 @ 4.37Ghz | RAM: Kingston Hyper X 16Gb | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr ii edition | Storage: 2 x Samsung Evo 840 500GB (Raid 0) | PSU: Corsair RM-850 | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler: Corsair H110 | OS: Win7 | Monitor: Sony 40" TV | Mouse: Corsair M65 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Audio: Harman/Kardon