Oil Cooled PCs

Ghost

I personally don't have one but I plan to make one.

Has anyone had experience with these. Whats good for them and whats bad? What components are good?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Dont forget that mineral oil hardens the cables, I remember Slick saying his ducky keyboard's wire hardened up and if you apply strength to straighten, it would snap :(

So yeah, if you have a spare motherboard and all PC components lying around to play with, go ahead with the build :) but don't use that PC as your main workstation because I wont be sure about its reliability.

Not ideal solution for a computer that you upgrade a lot or uses brand new hardware. Would make for a very interesting experiment with cheap or old hardware though

If I had the hardware lying around home I would do it in a heart beat. I would however properly seal the case so that oil couldn't get out over time.

If I had the hardware lying around home I would do it in a heart beat. I would however properly seal the case so that oil couldn't get out over time.

Do it in an aquarium ofc. :P

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.