This is my build

zimm

i recently decided that it was time to get rid of my old hardware that i got in 2007, socket 775 E6550 and geforce 8600gt..

and i got this:

rlvIs.jpg?1

E3570k, asrock z77 pro 4 and a samsung 840 ssd. the rest of the hardware was stuff i had before, corsair tx 650 and fractal design define R3.

and the harddrives i never use, i have a nas for that.

but i was not really happy with the noice of the system, the cable managment or obviusly the graphics-performance (i dont really play any games but still):

hcTi1.jpg?1

so it has gone through some changes, got a noctua cpu-cooler, a corsair AX760 psu and a geforce gtx 660.

4UF29.jpg?1

also i am kind of picky when it comes to cable managment. so alot of work have gone into making the back of the case look like this, except for the pci-express power that i had not put in yet in this picture:

BqTmp.jpg?1

there you can also see i had to cut out the cpu-cutout some more to get the backplate on for the noctua.

and this is my first post to this forum btw, so hello everyone.

What do you guys think about the build? mainly about the cable-routing, there is always room for improovement.

Wow, great job on the cable management, looks fantastic. You thinking of sleeving them in the future? Great build aswell btw. :)

Wow' date=' great job on the cable management, looks fantastic. You thinking of sleeving them in the future? Great build aswell btw. :)[/quote']

like individually sleeved psu? i think that would be a nightmare to do sence all of the cables are black :P

but the front IO-cables i am thinking about making a custom cable that i then can sleeve.

That is some awesome cable management!

Thank you sir, there is a lot of cable wrangling, zip tying and some soldering gone in to it :)

this is from changing the psu:

FCHWw.jpg?1

Wow' date=' great job on the cable management, looks fantastic. You thinking of sleeving them in the future? Great build aswell btw. :)[/quote'] like individually sleeved psu? i think that would be a nightmare to do sence all of the cables are black :P but the front IO-cables i am thinking about making a custom cable that i then can sleeve. ]

Fair enough, you could sleeve them one by one, so remove 1 pin at a time and sleeve that one, put back in the connector then repeat. That's what i did for my PSU, didn't take too long. 4 hours max.

Wow' date=' great job on the cable management, looks fantastic. You thinking of sleeving them in the future? Great build aswell btw. :)[/quote'] like individually sleeved psu? i think that would be a nightmare to do sence all of the cables are black :P but the front IO-cables i am thinking about making a custom cable that i then can sleeve. ]
Fair enough, you could sleeve them one by one, so remove 1 pin at a time and sleeve that one, put back in the connector then repeat. That's what i did for my PSU, didn't take too long. 4 hours max.

Thanks for the compliment in the other post btw :) missed to put it in before. and to edit my post... well did not work :)

that would probably work nicely :) what sleeving would you recommend?

Wow' date=' that cable management is amazing. It makes me want to redo mine![/quote']

Thank you!

Go for it :)

• 4 years later...
On 05/01/2013 at 2:42 PM, zimm said:

i recently decided that it was time to get rid of my old hardware that i got in 2007, socket 775 E6550 and geforce 8600gt..

and i got this:

rlvIs.jpg?1

E3570k, asrock z77 pro 4 and a samsung 840 ssd. the rest of the hardware was stuff i had before, corsair tx 650 and fractal design define R3.

and the harddrives i never use, i have a nas for that.

but i was not really happy with the noice of the system, the cable managment or obviusly the graphics-performance (i dont really play any games but still):

hcTi1.jpg?1

so it has gone through some changes, got a noctua cpu-cooler, a corsair AX760 psu and a geforce gtx 660.

4UF29.jpg?1

also i am kind of picky when it comes to cable managment. so alot of work have gone into making the back of the case look like this, except for the pci-express power that i had not put in yet in this picture:

BqTmp.jpg?1

there you can also see i had to cut out the cpu-cutout some more to get the backplate on for the noctua.

and this is my first post to this forum btw, so hello everyone.

What do you guys think about the build? mainly about the cable-routing, there is always room for improovement.

Well, it looks good to me but the only thing I'd recommend is that you add some colour to it because it the colour looks dull and not interesting, no offence.

Cable management from the front and back is excellent, I'd give 10/10 mark for it.