Budget DSLR help

I'm Looking into buying a DSLR, The camera I was looking at was the Cannon 700D or T5i. I want something that has good video but can still take a picture when needed. I'm going to be using this to film skateboarding. I live in the United States. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

@c5carden you could save up some more and go for a 70D. I use my 70d for taking videos the flip display is very useful for people who can't always get help when taking videos. For photos though I use my 5d MKII

but I think I'd go for a t5i if you really can't save up for a 70d

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

@c5carden you could save up some more and go for a 70D. I use my 70d for taking videos the flip display is very useful for people who can't always get help when taking videos. For photos though I use my 5d MKII

A 7D is quite expensive, Im looking on just getting something as a beginner. My friend uses a t3i but i want better then that. Do you think a t5i will do the job? Im worried about the 30 FPS video. Is that ok?

Remember to follow your topics so you know when someone posts.

What he said

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Remember to follow your topics so you know when someone posts.

Forgot... Thanks

A 7D is quite expensive, Im looking on just getting something as a beginner. My friend uses a t3i but i want better then that. Do you think a t5i will do the job? Im worried about the 30 FPS video. Is that ok?

not a 7D but a 70D. Anyways I edited my post as it says I'd say go for the t5i.

But if I remember correctly they're the same camera with just different names. the 700d is for international and t5i is for the US

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

not a 7D but a 70D. Anyways I edited my post as it says I'd say go for the t5i.

But if I remember correctly they're the same camera with just different names. the 700d is for international and t5i is for the US

Oh ok thanks, One last thing is to 30fps and 60fps a really noticeable difference.

I would look at either the t5i or look at the 70 as suggested above. Both are good, have personally used both not a ton of difference in feeling but I believe the 70D does 1080 60

Do you already have a GoPro? It's honestly one of the best camera for action if used correctly.

You may be served better using a GoPro + a handheld 3 axis gimbal. 

all i'm gfoing to recommend for a good price is a cam caddie (thats the actual name of the product and brand) and a hot shoe extender so you can put a hot shoe led panel iof you plan to video at night

NIKON > CANON

come on, how many times do I have to post this? 

the sensor in a mere D3300 will do better videos and photos than a T5i. 

the ONLY time to go with a Canon is if 1, you bought canon in the past and you have lenses, or 2, you want to shoot majority wildlife or sports, in which case the Canon 7D mk.II is unbeatable. 

other than that Nikons are always better. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

NIKON > CANON

come on, how many times do I have to post this? 

the sensor in a mere D3300 will do better videos and photos than a T5i. 

the ONLY time to go with a Canon is if 1, you bought canon in the past and you have lenses, or 2, you want to shoot majority wildlife or sports, in which case the Canon 7D mk.II is unbeatable. 

other than that Nikons are always better. 

Actually depends what you mean by wildlife. cause once you reach past a 400mm lens nikon make way better glass, only good thing is the 7D has a faster FPS, and nikon stopped making a equivalent body which is a bummer. (we Nikon users shall pray for the D400)

Actually depends what you mean by wildlife. cause once you reach past a 400mm lens nikon make way better glass, only good thing is the 7D has a faster FPS, and nikon stopped making a equivalent body which is a bummer. (we Nikon users shall pray for the D400)

yea nikon doesn't have much that shoots fast fps outside of the d4s. 

you can have very sharp lens but if you can't get a shot or a shot in focus then it's a bit fruitless. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein