Best single slot graphics card

Ssoele

So I'm looking to replace my GTX 670 with a lighter model because I need some more space in my case (and I don't really game all the much).

To be more precise, I need a single slot card because I need to be able to fit this card in under it: [link]

So the cooler doesn't need to be really single slot, but I will need the second PCI slot free for that card.

Also, I only go Nvidia because I already have some GT 640's in there so run extra displays off.

I was thinking of something like this, but I don't know when that will come to market, so any other suggestions?

there are a lot of rumours from msi and galaxy that they have made a single slot 670/680. there also appears to be a 6850, but wont perform aas good as the 650ti.

but it's not on the market yet, and it's been a while ago since the last time i saw the rumors. so go for that 650ti, its the only (good) card known on the market.

or you could buy dedicated watercooling for your gpu, but thats a lot of effort what will go into it.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

there are a lot of rumours from msi and galaxy that they have made a single slot 670/680. there also appears to be a 6850, but wont perform aas good as the 650ti.

but it's not on the market yet, and it's been a while ago since the last time i saw the rumors. so go for that 650ti, its the only (good) card known on the market.

or you could buy dedicated watercooling for your gpu, but thats a lot of effort what will go into it.

Yeah, watercooling in a server case is not going to be easy, but I am going to do the CPU (H220), the problems with that are going to be that all the higher-end cards have double slot connectors.

connectors? for the power or do you mean the pci braket?

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

The DVI connectors are 2 slots high on the GTX 670

you wouldnt need anything past a HD 6950 2GB to play the latest games at 1080p Ultra - thanks

you wouldnt need anything past a HD 6950 2GB to play the latest games at 1080p Ultra - thanks
Have you even read the question?

There is a single slot 7750 from XFX .

I personally know of no single slot nVidia GPUs .

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150612

There are a few, but I haven't seen anything over a GT 640 single slot. But I won't go AMD, I can tell you that.

Why not get a single slot GT 640 then ?

Also what is wrong with AMD gpus , you can run 3 monitors off the hd 7750 natively , so that should fulfill your monitor needs .

I'm already using 3 single slot GT 640's, those are fine for just desktop stuff, but I still want to game a little bit, so something a step up would be fine (eg. 650Ti). I am running a 8 + 1 setup for my monitors, so no single card can handle that.

you can cut it/solder it away if you do not need it. warranty is allready void if you watercool it anyway.

I'm not going to unsolder a connector. And there are brands that allow you to mount a watercooler without voiding your warranty.

and those are xfx and evga (for as far as i know). not every fabricator.

but you can allways fool them. how are they going to know? :P

and it is still an option. or else it is waiting for the 650ti.

if you are not a gamer, why did you buy a 670 anyway?

my apologies, i mis-read saying you didnt want an nvidia card....
you just made my day :P

by the way, why do you use all those diffrent cards? you can run more than one displays from one gpu.

by the way, why do you use all those diffrent cards? you can run more than one displays from one gpu.
I know and I am running multiple displays off of each card.