Painting motherboard

Trancendense

Hi y'all,

I have a Asus VI Formula I want to repaint the PCI-E, memory slots, etc. I want to make a blue themed rig and the red and white just pisses me off. So what's the best way to do so? What paint should I use?

Hi y'all,

I have a Asus VI Formula I want to repaint the PCI-E, memory slots, etc. I want to make a blue themed rig and the red and white just pisses me off. So what's the best way to do so? What paint should I use?

Plastidip and a shit ton of painters tape.

A

SHIT

TON.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Heyo,

I really don't recommend painting PCi-e Slots at all. Otherwise if you just don't care about whatever, You can follow Linus painting a Asus Rampage V Extreme Here : 

~ Cheers!

Hi y'all,

Plastidip and a shit ton of painters tape.

A

SHIT

TON.

I suggest using spray paint and following the "guide" linus did but do not use plasti-dip it will gum up the PCI-E slots and make a mess when you try to insert the RAM or PCI-E components since it's a rubber coating, not to mention you would need to make cut lines before removing the masking using plasti-dip. 

It's best if you can get a blue motherboard out of the box though still since it is still very risky painting a motherboard, just be prepared to have it possibly bricked in the worst case scenario. 

I suggest using spray paint and following the "guide" linus did but do not use plasti-dip it will gum up the PCI-E slots and make a mess when you try to insert the RAM or PCI-E components since it's a rubber coating, not to mention you would need to make cut lines before removing the masking using plasti-dip.

It's best if you can get a blue motherboard out of the box though still since it is still very risky painting a motherboard, just be prepared to have it possibly bricked in the worst case scenario.

You could always use a little toothpick or something to remove the plastidip once the slots is painted.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

You could always use a little toothpick or something to remove the plastidip once the slots is painted.

That's a lot of pins to remove plasti-dip from, it also has a tendency to peel up surrounding plasti-dip once you start peeling s small portion of it. The thing is plasti dip work really well for coating stuff but is terrible at contact or abrasion where it will start to curl or peel from the pressure of slotting the PCB in and out.

stop right there, for an easy and less messy way there is a product called "craftsmart multi surface Premium oil-based paint pen" comes in all different colours and different size pen tips.

I got some for my custom case build and they are awesome, i got mine from a craft shop called "Michaels"

hope that helps.....

http://canada.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MichaelsCanada-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=C_10369873&cgid=products-generalcrafts

got to love Asus components

Too late to buy a blue motherboard. I already purcahsed my Asus VI Formula.

I was planning to use plastic wrap to cover up most of the board and cut holes around where the slots are and seal with tape. Wouldn't that be easier and better?

And why use plasti dip instead of a regular paint? Doesn't it risk to peel off when I plug or unplug something? I could use cardboard inserts to prevent from going into the contacts.