video Editing Station, second try

JAL3

Back before Christmas, I began a thread seeking help in designing a video editing station. That thread can be found in the link below.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/280969-reccomendations-for-a-video-editing-station/

Right at the end of the year, I was hit from multiple directions with chaos. This includes but is not limited to being hospitalized in Mexico; my laptop succumbing to a virus; being temporarily assigned in Belize and some other, lesser issues. All conspired to preclude web access and put this project on the back burner. I tried to get it ramped up again yesterday and a member of the forum suggested that I start a new thread since the old one was being followed by only two people. I suspect those two consist of him and me.

I want to have built a video editing station to work primarily with Premiere Pro and After Effects along with the suite of Red Giant plugins. I am currently using CS6 but will probably soon upgrade to Adobe Creative Cloud.This project is being driven primarily by capability, not price although I have no wish to foolishly waste money. It is, in effect, a gift to myself.

Right now I am thinking in terms of specifying the system and then turning the specs over to somebody else to build. I am not a tinkerer in computer hardware by inclination.

Reliability is a key objective. I am a United Methodist pastor who serves on an itinerant basis wherever the bishop sends me. Think can include small towns, far from metropolitan centers with reliable computer service companies. In fact, I just received word that I am being appointed to Aransas Pass, Texas at the end of June. That is 3 hours from my home in San Antonio.

I would like to systematically go through the design here, component by component, and understand the choices being made. With that in mind, I am not looking for somebody to spec the entire system. I want to consider each system sequentially.

I had already decided on the Caselabs Magnum TX10 for the case. The reasons for this choice are room for expansion, casters and the hope that if I have to tinker with the innards, my hands and the components being worked on will fit at the same time.

I had provisionally chosen the Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor as the basis for the system but that was not yet set in stone. I have since come into a bit of a windfall to the tune of about 8k additional dollars. With that in mind, i have begun to consider the possibility of possibly going with dual XEON E5-2650 v3, 2.2GHz chips. This is purely arbitrary since I know little about the intel naming schema. I merely pointed to a Xeon chip that seemed a reasonable distance down the chart and whose pricetag did not raise my blood pressure too much. The idea of 20 cores, even running slower, seems attractive.

With the software I mentioned, which would give better performance: the faster 8 core i7 or the pair of slower xeons with 20 cores? Please bear in mind that the Red Giant plugins are said to be "ill threaded", whatever that may mean.

Thank you for your consideration.

CURRENT SPECIFICATION

Caselabs Magnum TX10 Case

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like I did give offense.

I do apologize to all. It was inadvertent.

I'll not trouble anyone again.

-snip-

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 V2 3.0GHz 10-Core Processor  ($1969.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 V2 3.0GHz 10-Core Processor  ($1969.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 WS SSI EEB Dual-CPU LGA2011 Motherboard  ($488.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($207.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PNY Quadro 6000 6GB Video Card  ($1154.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Case Labs TX10 (Purchased)
Total: $6951.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-22 07:35 EDT-0400

Something like this? You can change the processors and case. Also I have no idea about quadros so the one up there is a place holder. 
Also, are you editing everyday for 7-10 hours or is it a part time hobby? Also if you want me to go through every part I will, but only if you reply/tell me to.

I don't think you offended anyone, I just think they're sleeping or not knowledgeable. 

It looks like I did give offense.

I do apologize to all. It was inadvertent.

I'll not trouble anyone again.

Nah man, you just posted when most people where online and so didn't see it in the "new posts section". It no one sees it while it's on there then the majority of the time, it gets little attention so you just gotta try again when more people are on. The majority of the audience are American so aim it for a time when there more likely to be on.

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.