Huge packet loss, ping and download speed drops.

Over the last month or so my internet has gotten worse, I often get very bad packet loss (sometimes as high as 90%) and some terribly high ping (500+ somtimes), it is usually fixed for a short amount of time by turning my router off and on again. But today it's been unusable but only on my desktop, my laptop is running fine. My desktop uses both wireless and ethernet over power, both are having the same problem. My laptop is using wireless. In addtion to this my isp put on a 'noise protection filter' after i called them and i think its causing some websites to not load properly or incosistantly, imgur being the most notable one. But the lag has been going on since before that. 

Desktop specs:

CPU: i7 3770k

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX

GPU: Gainward GTX 570

Case: Corsair 650D

Storage: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: Silverstone Stirder 850W

Display(s): Asus PB278Q + BenQ G2420HD

Operating System: Windows 7

Some pingtest + speedtest screenshots: (Note that i was doing the same tests on my laptop at the same time and getting very acceptable results.)

http://imgur.com/a/FML14

Note: for the last screenshot, neither of the tests finished, even after 30 minutes.

Sorry if this is hard to grasp, it's making me very stressed and I really don't know how to articulate it.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

CPU: i7-3770k  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S GPU: Gainward GTX570 STORAGE: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Corsair 650D MONITOR: Asus PB278Q + BenQ G2420HD KEYBOARD: Ducky DK9008 Shine MOUSE: Steelseries Sensei SOUND: Beyerdynamic DT880 + Audioengine D1 OS: Windows 7

I have heard horrible things about Telstra...

Are you sure your router/modem hasn't melted or caught fire?

I knew they were bad, but damn.

I have heard horrible things about Telstra...

Are you sure your router/modem hasn't melted or caught fire?

I knew they were bad, but damn.

I don't think it's my router, my laptop is connected to the same router and is pretty much fine, thought the connection has gotten generally a little worse than it was a few months ago, and they increased our bandwidth from 500gb to 1tb for no reason, seems kinda sus.

CPU: i7-3770k  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S GPU: Gainward GTX570 STORAGE: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Corsair 650D MONITOR: Asus PB278Q + BenQ G2420HD KEYBOARD: Ducky DK9008 Shine MOUSE: Steelseries Sensei SOUND: Beyerdynamic DT880 + Audioengine D1 OS: Windows 7

I don't think it's my router, my laptop is connected to the same router and is pretty much fine, thought the connection has gotten generally a little worse than it was a few months ago, and they increased our bandwidth from 500gb to 1tb for no reason, seems kinda sus.

Well, wireless and ethernet can be very different in terms of hardware in the router. (One could be fried while the other isn't).

If the wifi works good and ethernet is bad on all PC's then its probably busted.

Well, wireless and ethernet can be very different in terms of hardware in the router. (One could be fried while the other isn't).

If the wifi works good and ethernet is bad on all PC's then its probably busted.

It's 100% my computer, I just testd it on our media pc, which is connected by ethernet over power, and it's working fine, while both ethernet and wireless don't work on my machine, both are connected and say they have internet access but when things long they're unbelievably slow.