HyperX Cloud II Mic problems and good headsets with mic?

hobsonshah

My mic volume seems to decrease and increase randomly without chaning any settings or the position of the mic. I can't change the mic volume in the audio settings because the option does not work and changing the volume using the sound card provides no indicator to how much its increasing or decreasing. I asked a friend on skype and he said its making difference but not alot. I did alot of searching before purchasing this and alot of people said it was the best headsets with mic for the £80 price range. Now i am kinda thinking that it is not.

Does anyone have this headset or thinks they can help me? or even recommend me some really good headset with a really good mic at this price range if i decide to return these. I don't even mind going to £120. I want a mic on a headset that is capable of using in streams.

My mic volume seems to decrease and increase randomly without chaning any settings or the position of the mic. I can't change the mic volume in the audio settings because the option does not work and changing the volume using the sound card provides no indicator to how much its increasing or decreasing. I asked a friend on skype and he said its making difference but not alot. I did alot of searching before purchasing this and alot of people said it was the best headsets with mic for the £80 price range. Now i am kinda thinking that it is not.

Does anyone have this headset or thinks they can help me? or even recommend me some really good headset with a really good mic at this price range if i decide to return these. I don't even mind going to £120. I want a mic on a headset that is capable of using in streams.

I haven't noticed this or had anyone complain about it with my cloud 2, try getting an rma if you can.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

I haven't noticed this or had anyone complain about it with my cloud 2, try getting an rma if you can.

Yeah I heard they fixed the mic on The 2's

Could you send me a sample from audacity plz? so i can compare.

It doesn't increase or decrease every second it will just be fine for like 10-15 minutes and then the mic volume will be low for no odd reason.

Here is a screenshot of what i get in audacity and i can hardly hear myself

http://gyazo.com/13c34fd162baa7ff1d4c212303be701b

Can you simply use it without the USB dongle?

Yes but not on pc because it has a single jack instead of one for mic and the headphones. Now i tested this on my phone on skype and a friend of mine said the volume was also low so this is without the soundcard so am guessing that this is a problem with the actual headset or mic.

Yes but not on pc because it has a single jack instead of one for mic and the headphones. Now i tested this on my phone on skype and a friend of mine said the volume was also low so this is without the soundcard so am guessing that this is a problem with the actual headset or mic.

It's not out of the relm of possibility to receive a faulty microphone.

Have you followed the instructions,.. I think your running your mic threw and what i am guessing is the laptop webcam or pc webcam trust me it took me a month to figure out i was using my web cam Mic but people said i sounded pretty good... xD