Need help picking new GPU

Once

My current system is as follows:

Corsair 250D mITX Case

Asus Z97 mITX mother borad

8 Gb of RAM (will be putting 8 Gb more in soon, so 16GB when i get new GPU)

4690k over clocked to 4.7 Ghz (Corsair H60 cooler)

And here comes the problem, im currently running a GTX 550 Ti  :(

The reason i still have a such a old GPU and such new motherboard and CPU is because in my quest to start building my own PC i fried my old Z77 mother board and 1155 CPU, and so i had to upgrade them not by choice  :(, but as i had found Linus on YouTube, i felt pretty confident in building my own PC, this time making sure im plugging every thing in the right place and following his step by step guides, and now iv build this PC from scratch including a new PC case that my missus got me for christmas, i feel confident in doing it again  :) so thank linus.

Anyway back on track, what GPU would you guys recommend to run with the current hardware i have? Keep in mind im sort of on a budget, but am willing to save my pennies for a few months if it makes scene to get a more expensive card. I will be driving 3 x 27 inch 1080p screens if this makes a difference to the choice, and im sure it dose.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Bellow is the system i built  :)

post-203108-0-84301800-1427196007.jpg

The ITX 970s are a really good bang4buck option. You'll not have clearance issues too :D

What are u planning to play On this machine?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

| >I7 4770k <> Maximus HERO VI <> 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133Mhz <> Gainward Phantom 780ti <> H100i <> Samsung EVO 256gb <> 1.5tb Seagate HDD <> Bitfenix Colossus <> Corsair RM 550< |

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What are u planning to play On this machine?

I mainly play Blizzard games and a few Steam games, like Heroes of the Storm, TF2, not the most graphically demanding but, i would like to drive my 3 screens over 60 FPS, and still have the horses for when im rendering

The ITX 970s are a really good bang4buck option. You'll not have clearance issues too :D

clearance inst an issue in my case, i can run up to about 270mm GPU with a rad still in the front :)

hoping to do a full hard tube loop in it soon too, after the GPU of course

clearance inst an issue in my case, i can run up to about 270mm GPU with a rad still in the front :)

hoping to do a full hard tube loop in it soon too, after the GPU of course

What's your budget? Or at least, how much would you be comfortable spending?

What's your budget? Or at least, how much would you be comfortable spending?

im thinking around $500-600, i know the 970 is obviously a good choice but that 3.5gb thing kinda shits me

And to be honest, if a 980 makes more sence to get, then i would save for it, i just dont know if my CPU / ram would then become a bottle neck for it, if you get where im coming from

im thinking around $500-600, i know the 970 is obviously a good choice but that 3.5gb thing kinda shits me

And to be honest, if a 980 makes more sence to get, then i would save for it, i just dont know if my CPU / ram would then become a bottle neck for it, if you get where im coming from

I had a 970, it was a phenomenal card. Now I have a pair of 290xs. If you can find a 295x2 in budget then get that. It should fit in your case. It'll be the best performance you can get in a 250D

maybe GTX970, or maybe R9 290 (Now it's really cheap), 780, 280X?

Wasn't the R9 295X2 on sale at 600$ or so recently? Insane value. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan.