AM1's Goal?

I've been looking around AM1 APUs. I was wondering, what can it do/perform since it has low TDP and speed. To whom is it targeted for? And is it recommended for an HTPC builder?

Spoiler

I would recommend it for an htpc yes

best one is the Athlon 5350 FYI

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The platform is recommended for basic computing like internet browsing, media consumption and office tasks. Light gaming is possible but it's not something that it's meant for.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I can see it being used for HTPC or cheap LAN rigs

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I would recommend it for an htpc yes

best one is the Athlon 5350 FYI

But for a gaming PC (at least a low on AAA games) would not make it, right?

It would just be for personal use and not heavy games nor editing work stations?

Spoiler

It would just be for personal use and not heavy games nor editing work stations?

yes. unless 5 fps is ok

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

yes. unless 5 fps is ok

hmm.. how would it affect casual games? could it take me to higher-than-30FPS at Ultra Low?

Spoiler

The 7850K does actually suprisingly well in BF4 and some other triple AAA aswell (at 720p anyways :P). If you're mostly playing Indies and less demanding games it can be a viable low budget option.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

hmm.. how would it affect casual games? could it take me to higher-than-30FPS at Ultra Low?

doubt it

The 7850K does actually suprisingly well in BF4 and some other triple AAA aswell (at 720p anyways :P). If you're mostly playing Indies and less demanding games it can be a viable low budget option.

I'm planning to build an HTPC/budget-based for LAN parties. Mostly, we only play MOBA games so.... yeah

Spoiler

AM1 goal is to provide complete system with low cost and with decent quality/performance

Their target are developed countries.

while FM1/2/2+ are headed that way but it still cost a bit much for SoC and kinda stuck with upgrading path and power consumption.