minecraft build

i have a rosewill redbone tower, evga 400 watt power supply. i have a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and hard drive. i would like windows 8.1, wireless adapter, i would rather intel over amd but if i think it is a good build with amd them i may go that way. i have no more that $345.

Can you overclock? Do you care about noise?

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Can you overclock? Do you care about noise?

i am new so i would not like to overlock and noise doesn't matter

I think you have the common misconception of AMD CPUs. Anyways for all the parts you still need (which are the most expensive) you won't get much out of that because Windows will take almost $100 out of it. I would recommend you use whatever you use now and wait till you have more money to put into a build.

Do you need a large amount of storage? or would a smaller (120GB or so) SSD be fine compared to a 1TB HDD? (The SSD will be shitloads faster)

So you need a CPU, Mobo, RAM, HDD/SSD, and GPU for $345? (The GPU is probably going to end up being integrated)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I think you have the common misconception of AMD CPUs. Anyways for all the parts you still need (which are the most expensive) you won't get much out of that because Windows will take almost $100 out of it. I would recommend you use whatever you use now and wait till you have more money to put into a build.

my thing is is that i just want something to start i can't use the computer i have right now for gaming i just want a light gaming pc.

Do you need a large amount of storage? or would a smaller (120GB or so) SSD be fine compared to a 1TB HDD? (The SSD will be shitloads faster)

So you need a CPU, Mobo, RAM, HDD/SSD, and GPU for $345? (The GPU is probably going to end up being integrated)

i already have a 500gb hard drive and i am fine with integrated graphics 

im not going for a beast machine just want something to get me started

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZzrZP6

Does this look good to you?

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

I'm saying to wait because if you use the money now it will just be a waste. You will have to have integrated graphics on it because there is no way you can fit in Windows 8.1, a wireless adapter, CPU, A motherboard, ram, and GPU. And for the budget the Intel would take a lot of that out. Have you watched scrapyard wars? because you should try doing something like that. I will look into fitting a build with what you want in that price range.

I'm saying to wait because if you use the money now it will just be a waste. You will have to have integrated graphics on it because there is no way you can fit in Windows 8.1, a wireless adapter, CPU, A motherboard, ram, and GPU. And for the budget the Intel would take a lot of that out. Have you watched scrapyard wars? because you should try doing something like that. I will look into fitting a build with what you want in that price range.

like I'm fine with a core i3 then later add a graphics card or if you want do a amd build i just usually prefer intel

For low budget, used parts can be great.  check your local online classifieds. 

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

For low budget, used parts can be great.  check your local online classifieds. 

whats that?

i have a rosewill redbone tower, evga 400 watt power supply. i have a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and hard drive. i would like windows 8.1, wireless adapter, i would rather intel over amd but if i think it is a good build with amd them i may go that way. i have no more that $345.

Save up for a sweetspot build.

But, if you really need something, you can't do much better than this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sfLMK8

Though, I recommend saving up a few hundred more bucks for something far more satisfactory.

This is what I call the Cheapo500. I removed the power supply, since you already have one. This will bring you a far better experience in the long run.

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($49.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus H81I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($147.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Silverstone SG08B-LITE Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($65.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $576.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 20:37 EDT-0400

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

Though, I recommend saving up a few hundred more bucks for something far more satisfactory.

This is what I call the Cheapo500. I removed the power supply, since you already have one. This will bring you a far better experience in the long run.

+ CPU OC isn't that hard now a days, just look up a tutorial online and don't be a moron.

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

still over budget

still over budget

The point is, try to deal with what you have at the moment and save a few hundred more bucks for something that'll last much longer.

the point is that i don't have much so i would like something to get me started

my laptop can't get past minecraft 1.8.1 so i would like something to just run minecraft it doesn't have to be like over kill just something to run it

The point is, try to deal with what you have at the moment and save a few hundred more bucks for something that'll last much longer.

^This si what I have been saying. And with you usually prefer Intels, you don't know what they even do compared to AMDs you just know all the Intel promoters on here especially since this will be your first build. I have a friend that plays minecraft and just built a $677 build with the AMD 8320. He gets 350+ fps on the highest settings and no overclock on any parts. Also he didn't have to pay for Windows so you will have a little less performance if you wait. The thing is the CPU might be 5 fps difference, it's the graphics card that gives you the FPS so you are better off waiting.

^This si what I have been saying. And with you usually prefer Intels, you don't know what they even do compared to AMDs you just know all the Intel promoters on here especially since this will be your first build. I have a friend that plays minecraft and just built a $677 build with the AMD 8320. He gets 350+ fps on the highest settings and no overclock on any parts. Also he didn't have to pay for Windows so you will have a little less performance if you wait. The thing is the CPU might be 5 fps difference, it's the graphics card that gives you the FPS so you are better off waiting.

like I'm just saying i prefer intel since I'm a little more familiar. i never said i wouldn't consider amd 

just most of my computers are intel and i have had good luck with them just never had amd computer

just most of my computers are intel and i have had good luck with them just never had amd computer

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QGT2f7

If you go with the Pentium G3258, please OC it. That CPU is pretty beast OC'd.

It's not that hard, look up a tutorial, and you'll feel good about yourself.

the point is that i don't have much so i would like something to get me started

my laptop can't get past minecraft 1.8.1 so i would like something to just run minecraft it doesn't have to be like over kill just something to run it

It can run it. I have to use a laptop with it right now too so I know how you feel, it's just you will end up wasting the money if you use it now. You just gotta know what you are doing with like what I said about my friend. He and I have a friend that really knows computers so we use him for it. I will ask for help on here but I am not using the forums for help on my build with how much Intel fanboys there are when I can get the performance I want for $100+ less. I can give you a quick build and then you can wait for the money to build it because you really only need to double your money, and making a parts list for you will be a lot easier. And now that I think about it since you have some parts you might be able to get the same performance if not more.