Corrupted Win 7 user profile

reutrel

I have had my new pc for half a year now and I noticed that some of the changes I make in advanced settings didnt save, and after a quick looking around I found out that the user profile is corrupted. 

Is this a bad thing and something I should fix? (takes a long time to fix).

I have been using my pc for months and im now wondering if its bad to keep like this?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

you may have to reinstall to prevent any further data loss. 

I'd recommend doing a backup of important files if you notice any issues saving files etc.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

You have three options:

1) Deal with it (less than ideal)

2) Fix it with registry edits (may not be possible depending on what was corrupted, and if done wrong will completely screw you over)

3) Backup important files and reinstall ("easiest" from a knowledge perspective and safest, but takes the longest time and is the biggest hassle)

you may have to reinstall to prevent any further data loss. 

I'd recommend doing a backup of important files if you notice any issues saving files etc.

I actually havent had any data lost belive it or not.

Do a fresh install, it will move your files to windows.old, and you can grab what you need as necessary...and delete the rest

It depends on what's corrupted, quickest check is go to c:\users and rename you profile with a .old, reboot. if its a simple settings file corruption this will create new settings files, you can then copy your docs across and re-setup your programs.

if that fails you can normally revert your profiles registry to an old version in 5 secs, this bit is very low risk if that also fails then its re-install time.