Planning - Whole room with PC setup, TV and bed

Witt

Hi all,

First a little introduction of my self. I'm 19 years old and studying at the moment. I'm living with my parents in their/our house, and planning to do so the next few years(as it's free(so far)). 

I've for a long time wished to 'rebuild' my room, and finally decided to move forward. And I'd appreciate some suggestions for improvement.

At the moment I have a desk, a bed, a closet and a couple bookcases. I plan to buy a TV, yet to decide on size. The reason I don't have a TV at the moment is that I've never really needed one, as I've always watched movies and series on my computer with a headset on.

This is my room, measured in meters. The feet are calculated from that, and I'm not 100% if they are correct.

2yopb1y.png

The layout/arrangement(what is the proper word?) I've been playing around with lately, is this.

erelmt.png

The TV/Bookcase I've been 'designing' in 3D.

2m28280.png

As said I'd appreciate some ideas and overall suggestions for improvement.

- Witt

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-2560x1600

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

well its a bit uncomfortable if your bed is right in front of the door

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Which way does your window face (by that I mean north, east, west, south)? It has influence on your natural light during the day, and so might affect your placement of both your TV and your computer desk. Then again, some curtains might just make that a non-issue. :-)

For me personally, I don't like having TV's "boxed  in" like in your bookcase - but this is very much a case of personal preference.

Let us know how it goes!

can you put anything under your window

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

-snip-

*shuts up*

well its a bit uncomfortable if your bed is right in front of the door

Well, it's visible from the door. And what are you exactly meaning by ''uncomfortable''?

Which way does your window face (by that I mean north, east, west, south)? It has influence on your natural light during the day, and so might affect your placement of both your TV and your computer desk. Then again, some curtains might just make that a non-issue. :-)

For me personally, I don't like having TV's "boxed  in" like in your bookcase - but this is very much a case of personal preference.

Let us know how it goes!

East, I think, hah.

I have my PC monitor right about where the TV is in the sketch at the moment, and there is no light that bothers me. And yeah, the curtains would solved it, if it came to that.

I've never watched TV from a ''boxed in'' TV, but I think I won't mind. Idk.

can you put anything under your window

Forgot to mention, sadly not really as there is a radiator there.  

Well, it's visible from the door. And what are you exactly meaning by ''uncomfortable''?

as in unsecure 

I would just flip the thing around

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

as in unsecure 

I would just flip the thing around

For some reason(which I don't know) I haven't really thought of that. I'll keep it in my mind and think a little further about it.