what headset to get

Candelstick

I have been looking at the madcatz freq 7 and 9 cause I like the looks the most but haw to they perform and are they worth it if not whats a better pair?

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD558 with Antlions Mod Mic 4.0 and a Xonar DG audio card. Great combo for me. I have had most of Razers headsets as well as Corsairs but the open back HDs are amazing and have a great sound when paired with a card with some power. Sometimes the whole virtual surround thing can get in the way of listening experience and I never really notice much of an edge over just getting a good pair of HIFI cans and driving them better with an audio card.

"I'd say welcome friend, but not here...not like this."

I have been looking at the madcatz freq 7 and 9 cause I like the looks the most but haw to they perform and are they worth it if not whats a better pair?

Don't get a headset, get a pair of headphones and a modmic instead, it will be significantly better than any headset out there.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Don't get a headset, get a pair of headphones and a modmic instead, it will be significantly better than any headset out there.

I have not regretted my decision yet. Only thing i regret is buying everything else over the years. Modmic 4.0 sounds like butter dripping over pancakes. Its honestly the first thing people talk about in chats and games now. You sound like you are in the room with them. This is over an audio card though. Even on my ROG Hero board its still has feedback that the Audio card eliminates.

"I'd say welcome friend, but not here...not like this."

right now I don't have a tower I have mynew laptop with the XFI3 sound blaster so that's what im working with and I don't like the way headphones sound on it I have super nice bose earbuds too so im trying to put together my dream gaming set up

what about the sennheiser PC 363D ? I would like a wireless but im new to the head set game but I don't mind spending the money if its worth it and lasts

witch is why I was considering the FREQ9

what about the sennheiser PC 363D ? I would like a wireless but im new to the head set game but I don't mind spending the money if its worth it and lasts

witch is why I was considering the FREQ9

360 and 363D and G4me One are the same as the HD500 series with a mic slapped on. If you're willing to pay the premium for the integrated mic, there are worse options.