Build Planning

So, i'm currently trying to build my second really strong gaming PC, and was wondering if anyone had any changes / suggestions I should make.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 1.06.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler or Corsair H100i

Motherboard: Asus-Z97-C Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 2133 Memory

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified (Or the Kingpin version)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: Corsair 750W 80+ Plat Power Supply Full Modular

If you have any suggestions or changes I should make feel free to comment below :)

Not to sure about the mobo but unless you are doing a custom liquid cooling loop don't get the kingpin

I would swap the 850 Pro for the 850 Evo. Also the EVGA Supernova G2 750W would be a better choice of psu.

That Asus motherboard doesn't support SLI. 

Unless you are going for a world record in overclocking, then the Kingpin is a waste of money.

I would swap the 850 Pro for the 850 Evo. Also the EVGA Supernova G2 750W would be a better choice of psu.

That Asus motherboard doesn't support SLI. 

Unless you are going for a world record in overclocking, then the Kingpin is a waste of money.

What Z-97 would be a better option? Staying at around the same price point.

Next time, before you post, make sure to read the guidelines. They exist to avoid the need for us to ask questions, such as this one:

Where do you live, and how much are you willing to spend?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Asus Z97-E, possibly Z97-A. In some markets Z97-AR.

Unless the Trident memory kit is within a few $ of a DDR3-1600 CL 9 kit, it isn't worth the cost.

As @lee32uk suggested, the 850 EVO would be a better choice. The actual performance difference is small enough that it would only make a difference in very particular usage patterns. Patterns not generally found in a desktop gaming & general use system.

SeaSonic SS-750KM3, Antec HCP-750 Platinum, Corsair HX750, and EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR are all very good psu choices.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Will not be over clocking, and I don't have a set budget, just building a build without going too insane, for the motherboard, I will be OCing my CPU, and possibly my GPU later on. 

Will not be over clocking, and I don't have a set budget, just building a build without going too insane, for the motherboard, I will be OCing my CPU, and possibly my GPU later on. 

The f***???????

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

my bad xD, I will be overclocking my CPU

K...

Anyway, get:

1. i7-4790k
  2. The cheapest z97 mobo that has SLI support. Seriously. That's just how you chose these mobos.
  3. Raijintek Trtion as the CPU cooler.
  4. 1x8 OR 2x4 gbs of RAM. It doesn't mater, dual channel won't provide any sensible boost in performance. Don't get 16gbs, you don't need it. Just make sure it is 1600 mhz CAS 9.
  5. A 256gb SSD that isn't the V300. They'll all perform about the same, so just get the cheapest.
  6. A 1tb HD with 7200 RPM and 64mb of cache.
  7. 1x Gtx Titan X
  8. A 600~650w PSU 80+ Gold (don't waste money on Platinum, yuo don't know what that means).
  9. A good looking case.

K...

Anyway, get:

1. i7-4790k
  2. The cheapest z97 mobo that has SLI support. Seriously. That's just how you chose these mobos.
  4. 1x8 OR 2x4 gbs of RAM. It doesn't mater, dual channel won't provide any sensible boost in performance. Don't get 16gbs, you don't need it. Just make sure it is 1600 mhz CAS 9.
  5. A 256gb SSD that isn't the V300. They'll all perform about the same, so just get the cheapest.
  7. 1x Gtx Titan X
  8. A 600~650w PSU 80+ Gold (don't waste money on Platinum, yuo don't know what that means).
  9. A good looking case.

What's wrong with the V300 SSDs?

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

the kingpins are for ln2 people. its a waste of your money

i7-5930K@4.7Ghz | Asus X99-E-WS/USB 3.1 | Corsair Vengance 32GB DDR4@2666Mhz | Duo Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming | Samsung 950Pro 512GB | LSI 9260-8i RAID Card | 6x 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (RAID5) | Corsair AX1200i |  Fractal Design Defiine R5 Black | MetaDot DasKeyboard4 Professional | Logitech G900 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Asus PG348Q

What's wrong with the V300 SSDs?

Basically, kingston switched the inner components used in the V300 series, and now it is MUCH slower than a regular SSD, almost to the point of HD level.

K...

Anyway, get:

1. i7-4790k
  7. 1x Gtx Titan X
  9. A good looking case.

Titan X is reportedly going to cost $999. 

Titan X is reportedly going to cost $999. 

And? OP mentions getting a Gtx 980 Kingpin. That's around 800$ (newegg, out of stock) or 979$ (used on amazon). I'm pretty sure that he can afford the Titan X.

Also, it is not "going to cost", it ALREADY costs this much. Go on nvidia's site, buy it there.

And? OP mentions getting a Gtx 980 Kingpin. That's around 800$ (newegg, out of stock) or 979$ (used on amazon). I'm pretty sure that he can afford the Titan X.

Also, it is not "going to cost", it ALREADY costs this much. Go on nvidia's site, buy it there.

What has that got to do with anything ? 

You tell People to buy the cheapest Motherboard, Ram, SSD etc and then you recommend a stupidly overpriced graphics card  :rolleyes:

Just because He might be able to afford it doesn't mean it is the best option. 

What has that got to do with anything ? 

You tell People to buy the cheapest Motherboard, Ram, SSD etc and then you recommend a stupidly overpriced graphics card  :rolleyes:

Just because He might be able to afford it doesn't mean it is the best option. 

Sigh....... if you think it's worth investing in things that don't provide any performance boost, while not investing in the things that ACTUALLY help, go ahead. I surely disagree with you.

Sigh....... if you think it's worth investing in things that don't provide any performance boost, while not investing in the things that ACTUALLY help, go ahead. I surely disagree with you.

You disagree with 99% of People on here, so what's new there ?

If you think a Titan X is worth nearly $500 extra over a regular GTX 980 then you are wrong. And you can disagree all you want.