Laptop Suggestions

I am in need of a new laptop, budget is maximum £470, any lower is vastly appreciated. It will be mainly used for school work with some game being played on it, KSP, Far-cry and a few Source titles. I don't mind if they play at low, just that they are playable. Battery life would ideally be long but 4 hours (not gaming) would be fine as I can usually find some power within a few hours. 15.6" is the ideal size, then if fits my backpack. 

If anyone owns a laptop which for-fills all or most of these criteria, or can suggest one which does, would you please pass on the model number and if possible, a few words on what you think about it?

So, to recap,

-For School work and some games at low details

-15.6" Size

-Under £470 (in the UK! :D )

-4+ hour battery life.

-1080p screen if possible.

Many thanks,
Sam

I know some similar posts have happened, but they have different price points and criteria. Speaking of price (see what i did there?) Linda.com are a great way to... Only kidding, if this isn't possible for £470 then please say, I'm reasonably out of date on laptops and what i've found online has been a tad confusing.

:D

That is actually the sweet spot for a budget (yet still powerful) gaming laptop. The best budget gaming laptop (in my lenovo fanboy opinion) is the Lenovo Y40. It's on sale now for just below your budget, at 700 USD. Get the i7 version, it costs only $10 more (yay for sales!) and is worlds more powerful.

Check it out here: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y40-80/ 

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

Yeah .. Get the y40-70 .

The newer y40-80 is costlier but it has a broad well CPU

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

In my idiocy, I am unable to find the y40-70 or y40-80 on any .co.uk sites, only on american retailers. Perhaps it hasn't been released in the uk?

Sam

Edit-Its not listed on their uk website but is on their US one....

:D