Laptop For School?

PapaGangster

Hey guys, needing to get a laptop for school soon and at first I was thinking about a macbook pro but the one I was looking at was around 2,000 AUD so I was thinking would i just be better with the Asus ROG G550jk since i may also do some light to medium gaming on it. Any recommendations would be helpful!   

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Have you ever considered a two computer solution?  the desktop be the master PC with the Laptop as it's "servant" you can store data, have a friend play on that laptop (even if it's at 720p 30fps low)

It would let you have backups and data in two spots vs one.  Increasing security phenomenally. 

that laptop is fine but, for school it's overkill.

Any $500 PC would likely be faster than that laptop anyways.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I will make sure to take them into consideration! 

Have you ever considered a two computer solution?  the desktop be the master PC with the Laptop as it's "servant" you can store data, have a friend play on that laptop (even if it's at 720p 30fps low)

It would let you have backups and data in two spots vs one.  Increasing security phenomenally. 

that laptop is fine but, for school it's overkill.

Any $500 PC would likely be faster than that laptop anyways.

Yeah i have a pc that is for gaming, but the laptop would be for gaming away from home and also the main reason for school.

lenovo y50

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply