Career Options

Suspence202

Hello everyone,

I'm a electrical engineering student. I was wondering if anyone on here, whether you have this degree or not, could let me know if they have a tech related degree and if so, what do you do and how do you like your job. I've recently started wondering what I'm gonna do for a living and it would suck pretty hard to just work in a cubicle 5 days a week. I wish I could have a job where I could travel, but I don't know if that's a possibility.

Thanks guys, take care,

Spencer

Radio stations always need an engineer :D

(I currently work at a local radio station)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Software Engineering here. I have absolutely no shortage of work, in fact people chase me all over the place for work! During office hours I work with robotics, during all other hours I work freelance doing just about anything Software related and in my spare time (if I ever have such a thing) I'm working on an MMO right now.

My job/s often want me to travel all over the world at a frequency that I dictate. I can also dictate when I work and where from - for instance if I feel like staying at home then that's fine or if I feel like coming in at 1pm and leaving at 4pm then that's also fine :)

I receive great benefits including family private medical, bonuses, various other insurances and so on...

I have quite a few colleagues with electrical and mechanical engineering degrees who work on both design and construction of robotics. From what I have seen I think they have a lot of fun and enjoy their jobs as much as I do.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Software Engineering here. I have absolutely no shortage of work, in fact people chase me all over the place for work! During office hours I work with robotics, during all other hours I work freelance doing just about anything Software related and in my spare time (if I ever have such a thing) I'm working on an MMO right now.

My job/s often want me to travel all over the world at a frequency that I dictate. I can also dictate when I work and where from - for instance if I feel like staying at home then that's fine or if I feel like coming in at 1pm and leaving at 4pm then that's also fine :)

I receive great benefits including family private medical, bonuses, various other insurances and so on...

I have quite a few colleagues with electrical and mechanical engineering degrees who work on both design and construction of robotics. From what I have seen I think they have a lot of fun and enjoy their jobs as much as I do.

This is the job I want. No Im not worshiping you saying your life is perfect but that flexibility seems amazing to me. Do you find it conflicts with family members on more traditional schedules?