S340 vs 350D

Go to solution Solved by Rekx,

Did you have a problem with the 350D or what is just an ordinary experience?

Reason why i didn't like it:

Quality is meh

Cable management is limited

front panel was so easy to scratch.

HDD bay is really bad(broke some of them).

Hi. I am looking for a nice case for my current build. I looking at 2 cases specifically, but I am open to more suggestions. I though of the S340 because of its great looks, good airflow, great build quality, great cable management and also the basement which makes any build look really tidy. On the other hand, I am looking at the 350D. It has great build quality and cable management along with a really elegant look. I thought of it because it is an matx chassis and I own an matx mobo ( Gigabyte H97M D3H ). My question is: Which one do you think will offer a better experience plus a better look?Aesthetics are really important to me. I really hate something expensive looking ugly.

well they're kinda in different leagues. 

I mean the NZXT case is great, no doubt about that. But its not quite as premium as the 350d. Personally id got to the 350d, if you don't mind spending some more :) 

Also its slightly less glossy :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Go with the NZXT case. Corsair 350d is nothing specialy, especially for the price. I really didn't like building in the 350d.

Also you know that the 350d is a micro atx case and the NZXT S430 is ATX

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Go with the NZXT case. Corsair 350d is nothing specialy, especially for the price. I really didn't like building in the 350d.

Yes. That is one of the reasons why I am considering the 350D. But I saw an image comparing the size of both cases is almost identical in size. The 350D is just a bit smaller.

Yes. That is one of the reasons why I am considering the 350D. But I saw an image comparing the size of both cases is almost identical in size. The 350D is just a bit smaller.

I would take the S430 then.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Quality is meh

Quality is meh

Also, what do you think of the color edition S340? There are matte black versions of the S340 with red or blue accents. I would like to see a video of how the matte finish will look like.

Also, what do you think of the color edition S340? There are matte black versions of the S340 with red or blue accents. I would like to see a video of how the matte finish will look like.

Well i also take black cases so i dont really have an opinion about other colors.

Watch hardwarecanucks video.