Error when installing HTC Sync Manager

gilm0re3

Whenever I try to install HTC Sync Manager on my computer it gives me:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {303994BA-6487-47AE-AF1D-7AF6088EEBDB}. HRESULT: 0x800700C1.

If anyone is wondering, yes, I ran the executable as administrator. 

So, does anybody have any idea on how I can fix this?

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

HTC Sync manager is an absolute nightmare to install and I'd avoid it unless there is some function you really want. You can browse your phone as a USB device to copy pictures and Music and it doesn't do much else.

I've spent many hours in support chat with HTC (we use HTC phones at work and it's my responsibility to keep them working) trying to install this software, and of course I haven't written down the solution anywhere because hey that would be useful.

The issue appear to come down to the installer not always having the right drivers built in and it fails if it doesn't detect an HTC device during install. It used to be a case of progressing the install part way, then installing an old version (no-longer available on their website) and this would get the drivers in, then progressing the original install before the second one finished, as it too would fail.

The one thing I can say is if you go to their support page and use the live chat all the staff I've contacted have been really nice and helpful and they know exactly how crap it is and will talk you through the hoops you need to jump through.

-snip-

Thanks for the reply. 

I do have only one good reason for needing to use Sync Manager: Device updates. I don't use my One M8 with any service right now, so the only way I can update it when Lollipop comes out for Verizon and then the Sense 7 update comes out is to use Sync Manager to update the software. That's how I updated to the latest version of Kitkat after I bought the phone. It's a stupid situation that I have to deal with, but it works for me.

I was planning on using their live chat if no one could help me here on the forums, and it appears as if that's the best option I guess, so thanks for confirming that. :D

I thought it may have had something to do with my laptop since a while back ago I had messed up some registry files by using the CCleaner registry cleaner. Some people online seemed to indicate that Error 1935 was caused by an issue with missing entries in the Microsoft .NET Framework, which I very well may have.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Ah I didn't realise you wouldn't be able to get updates over wifi with no service. I've done that with some sim free phones, no sim card in connect to wifi and check for updates.

I have an M8 with Lollipop (update came out for UK about 2 weeks ago) Is definatly worth the hassle if you get the update, it adds quite a few nifty little changes.