Non NAS HDD

Koori

WD Green (EZRX/EARX)
WD Blue
WD Black

Seagate

Anyone know the difference between all of them? (Secondary storage, preferably able to handle FRAPS at around 60FPS)

I only know that Greens are energy efficient, Blue are normal, Black is high perf but after looking at the specifications there are almost the same except the EZRX performs faster than EARX version of Greens.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

I only know that Greens are energy efficient, Blue are normal, Black is high perf but after looking at the specifications there are almost the same except the EZRX performs faster than EARX version of Greens.

^ Pretty much answered your own question there. You'd also get differences in operating temperatures and noise levels if those are issues for you, where Black > Blue > Green in terms of overall heat/noise output (and by greater than, I mean more, not better).

Wit is educated insolence.

It is true that the green drives are more energy efficient but performance is slightly slower. The second generation of green drives are a superior improvement to the previous due to their larger platters and now perform at 7200rpm.

Blue drives are balanced and an all rounder drive. The down side to them are their capacities, as they are capped at no more than 1TB.

Black drives are the performance drives, give you all of the features you look for in performance and have the excellent reliability of a consumer drive and a larger cache.

For NAS functionality, WB have the Red drives which are commercial grade drives that are designed to have a low mean to fail time under 24/7 load usage.

Hope this helps  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Pick up a black and call it a day

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

Thanks all for the replies :)

Was pondering upon them as the black drives are 0.3x more expensive than a green drive and slightly more expensive than then blue.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

Thanks all for the replies :)

Was pondering upon them as the black drives are 0.3x more expensive than a green drive and slightly more expensive than then blue.

Ya which pretty much makes it your standard good drive, with the wd name on it. I think the blacks also have 5yr warranty

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

Yeah, the black perform better and have a great 5 year warranty. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB