Bitspower CPU Block

Hey there,

so as some of you guys know I´m building new PCs frequently and most of them are on the extremer end of the line.

Today I´d like to know, if anyone here has experience with Bitspower´s Summit EF CPU block.

If yes, did you have the chance to compare it in terms of flowrate and temps to an EK Supremacy? This info will basically help me decide between three mainboards for a new X99 built.

The CPU block fits into a fullcover waterblock from Bitspower and looks very nice, but nice looking and nice performing are two different pair of shoes...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I believe the Supremacy atm is the best performing block. However all of them only are between 3 C difference.

I believe the Supremacy atm is the best performing block. However all of them only are between 3 C difference.

That´s the problem they are not. The FPI rate of the Bitspower is very poor in comparision to the Supremacy.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I am a huge fan of BP but they just arent as good as supremacy.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1505481/summer-water-block-round-up-2014

OCN had a really good roundup for 2014.

EK just released a new cost down block that they claim to be as good as the supremacy.

Besides, the performance gap we are talking about isn't critical tho.

I have seen that roundup for 2014.

The performance gab gets significant in a highend OCing with water, my 5960X goes up to 4.7GHz stable. This block shows already a large gap between the Supremacy with milder OCs. And since I will not but my 5960X under LN2 I will probably skip the fullcover waterblock from Bitspower for the mainboard and buy single parts with an EK Supremacy. Money isn´t an issue, I just cared about the looks.

I have seen that roundup for 2014.

The performance gab gets significant in a highend OCing with water, my 5960X goes up to 4.7GHz stable. This block shows already a large gap between the Supremacy with milder OCs. And since I will not but my 5960X under LN2 I will probably skip the fullcover waterblock from Bitspower for the mainboard and buy single parts with an EK Supremacy. Money isn´t an issue, I just cared about the looks.

well, since you have read the article, u must know that the restriction on the bp block is very low... there for you would get good flowrate.  You didn't mention what specific setup and how many blocks/bends you have in the cpu loop.  But good flowrate at low pump speed seems to be a good thing to me.  If you plan on a cpu only loop or a relatively low restriction loop.  I think you are right that this BP block isn't for you. Also, EK blocks offer low restriction as well.  EK released a cost down MX line, I know $ isnt an issue for you, but you may still want to check them out.

Appearance is subjective, I honestly think all cpu blocks will work very well even most of them were released a few years ago.  You can opt to use more rads or stronger fan setup to compensate the performance.

If I were in your shoe, I would buy exactly the same thing tho...