CPU's good enough for gaming

i want to make a gaming computer but on a tight budget and not show what cpus are good enough for gaming

i want to make a gaming computer but on a tight budget and not show what cpus are good enough for gaming

Depends on your budget, but these will all suffice

Core i7-2600, -2600K, -2700K, -3770, -3770K, -3820, -3930K, -3960X, -3970X

Core i7-965, -975 Extreme, -980X Extreme, -990X Extreme

Core i5-3570K, -3570, -3550, -3470, -3450P, -3450, -3350P, -3330, 2550K, -2500K, -2500, -2450P, -2400, -2380P, -2320, -2310, -2300

Core i7-980, -970, -960

Core i7-870, -875K

Core i3-3225, -3240, -3220,-2100, -2105, -2120, -2125, -2130

FX-8350, FX-8320, 8150, 6300, 4300,

Phenom II X6 1100T BE, 1090T BE

Phenom II X4 Black Edition 980, 975

also depending on the games you'll be playing... and seriously, most games are gpu intensive.. so i wouldnt worry too much about the cpu...

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

thank you for your post i was probly going to have a budget for the cpu of £200 and i would play a lot fps games

Here's how I see it:

G530

In order or ascending performance. Anything higher is pretty much overkill for gaming only, because the extra threads won't be fully utilized.

I personal like the i7-960,... but I'm extremely biased in that respect. I just know it has an outstanding stability for me. Really comes in handy if you think you just might wanna run other stuff while you game.. like streamed music, or VM like Hyper-V *In windows 8 pro*

Being able to game while other thing going on is very handy. X}

If your on a tight budget AMDs APU are quite good, something like an A8 or A10 will allow you to play games straight away with out a graphics card, and you could always add a graphics card in the future should you want extra performance.

If your on a tight budget AMDs APU are quite good, something like an A8 or A10 will allow you to play games straight away with out a graphics card, and you could always add a graphics card in the future should you want extra performance.
No offence, but any APU or CPU w/ intagrated GPU, ..... is a rough choice for anyone, and doesn't run many games well. while the new HD4000 is a massive leap for GPU built into Intel CPU's, the performance still isn't good enough to suggest honestly. Even older Dedicated GPU's that are less then 100$ do better.

I'd never suggest anyone to use an APU, or Intel CPU w/ GPU built in, unless that machine was meant to just do office work, and light web games *Non 3D*

I know APU is generally better then Intel's selection when it comes to that and intagrated graphics, but it's mostly not worth it, and if you are on that tight a budget, then gaming on the computer might be to expensive honestly.

Well depends on your budget but a good CPU i suggest is a Intel i5 3570(k), you want to overclock this CPU to get the best performance. A i7 wouldn't be worth it if you are only going to play games because games don't require hyper-treading and a i3 is only for a really tight budget computer.

- virusal19

^APU's are much, much better than integrated Intel graphics.

APU's are designed to be used without a dedicated graphics card.

APU's are great if you want to game at decent settings with a low budget.

For example, a budget at $400 or lower can leave enough room for a 5800K which can give playable settings at 1080p on Medium graphics.

There are instances where I would recommend it, but if you plan on ever getting a dedicated GPU, no, it isn't worth it.

Just to add for what DePhoegon said, the integrated graphics of an A10 is actually worse than even a HD6670 and the HD4000 graphics are closer to HD6450. Usually it's often better to drop the CPU to a G860 or something and throw in a HD6670 or HD7750, which costs around the same.

The CPU performance is decent (essentially an FX4300 without L3 cache), but then it's really not worth the price if you're getting a dedicated card anyways.

I believe AMD will be a safe option to go for considering your budget, most FPS games are GPU intensive so you should be thinking more on what graphics card would be beneficial instead of CPU. However, Phenom series are powerful and cheap, good gaming experience. I haven't heard positive reviews on AMD Bulldozer series so I would avoid them.

Specifically, what games do you play exactly?

• 2 weeks later...

AMD FX 6100 @4Ghz is a nice card, has been serving me well. (Bf3, PS2, Skyrim) no bottlenecks :)

AMD FX 6100 @4Ghz is a nice card, has been serving me well. (Bf3, PS2, Skyrim) no bottlenecks :)
I meant CPU*