Will there be a bottleneck in this system?

So the power supply you listed would be fine for SLI in the future?

It should comfortably handle two GTX 970.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

It should comfortably handle two GTX 970.

What do you think is the best model of the GTX 970

What do you think is the best model of the GTX 970

Depends on what is important to you. Personally I like the Asus Strix as it has smart fan management and is extremely quiet under non-load conditions. But the top end cards - EVGA ACX 2.0 Superclock, Gigabyte G1 Gaming, Asus Strix, and MSI Gaming are all within a few fps of each other. Pick the one that fits the color scheme and budget.

Depends on what is important to you. Personally I like the Asus Strix as it has smart fan management and is extremely quiet under non-load conditions. But the top end cards - EVGA SCX 2.0 Superclock, Gigabyte G1 Gaming, Asus Strix, and MSI Gaming are all within a few fps of each other. Pick the one that fits the color scheme and budget.

I think the EVGA SCX 2.0 Superclock will suit my colour scheme better. Do you know if this card has FPS.

just to be sure is the EVGA SCX 2.0 Superclocked card here > http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp42974kr

I think the EVGA SCX 2.0 Superclock will suit my colour scheme better. Do you know if this card has FPS.

just to be sure is the EVGA SCX 2.0 Superclocked card here > http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp42974kr

Not sure what you mean by FPS - First Person Shooter, Frames Per Second, FRAPS, something else?

Yes, the link is correct. Any EVGA ACX (sorry about the typo) 2.0 card is good but the SC version is usually good value.

Not sure what you mean by FPS - First Person Shooter, Frames Per Second, FRAPS, something else?

Yes, the link is correct. Any EVGA ACX (sorry about the typo) 2.0 card is good but the SC version is usually good value.

I was meaning Frames Per Second.

THe xeon wont bottleneck the system but it would be wiser to get a 4690k instead of a xeon. Also maybe save up for an ssd

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

THe xeon wont bottleneck the system but it would be wiser to get a 4690k instead of a xeon. Also maybe save up for an ssd

I went for the Xenon because of how similar the performance is to the i7 4790k because I will be running virtual machines and decoding programs.

I have decided that I am going to go with this build here : 

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/K8cBWZ

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£184.51 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£89.99 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£53.05 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£39.95 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  (£289.98 @ Novatech) 
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£101.98 @ Dabs) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£63.31 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £847.74

I just decided to go with the i5 4690k and then maybe in the future I will upgrade to an i7-4790k. I also decided to go with the GTX 970 Strix card. In the future I will SLI the cards.

I have decided that I am going to go with this build here : 

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/K8cBWZ

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£184.51 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£89.99 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£53.05 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£39.95 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  (£289.98 @ Novatech) 
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£101.98 @ Dabs) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£63.31 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £847.74

I just decided to go with the i5 4690k and then maybe in the future I will upgrade to an i7-4790k. I also decided to go with the GTX 970 Strix card. In the future I will SLI the cards.

By the time you are ready to upgrade the cpu tech will have moved well beyond the i7-4790K and you will want to go with the new tech. CPU upgrades are rarely, if ever worth it. I can almost guarantee that if the upgrade has not been made within the first four months, it will never be done.

A Xenon will give you almost identical gaming performance in most titles and slightly better in a few that can take advantage of the hyperthreading. It will provide better performance in most other work. The i5 can be overclocked and that can add a little additional performance. Ovcerclocking will not generally make a noticeable difference in gaming.

By the time you are ready to upgrade the cpu tech will have moved well beyond the i7-4790K and you will want to go with the new tech. CPU upgrades are rarely, if ever worth it. I can almost guarantee that if the upgrade has not been made within the first four months, it will never be done.

A Xenon will give you almost identical gaming performance in most titles and slightly better in a few that can take advantage of the hyperthreading. It will provide better performance in most other work. The i5 can be overclocked and that can add a little additional performance. Ovcerclocking will not generally make a noticeable difference in gaming.

So you recommend to stick with the Xenon CPU rather than the i5?

So you recommend to stick with the Xenon CPU rather than the i5?

I think the Xenon E3 1231 V3 would be a better choice than the i5. But if budget is an issue, the i5 would do a good job.

I think the Xenon E3 1231 V3 would be a better choice than the i5. But if budget is an issue, the i5 would do a good job.

I will just go with the xenon