Mic Isssue

xCaptKirk

Ok if I remove the realtek drivers from my asus maximus hero vii motherboard and let windows install generic drivers my mic levels work just fine but with realtek they don't.  I'm contemplating on either a sound card but I am wondering is there something similar to the Astro Mixamp that is better.

ive build a similar thing to the Astro but with an audio interface and a mixing board, probably a little over kill. There might be a mic level or gain setting in the realtek drivers that needs to be changed.

the mic level is at max and if bump the gain then i hear a loud hiss and i echo.  Just really frustrating that with the realtek drivers the mic doesn't hardly work and if I use generic drivers it works fine.  I've been battling with this for awhile and I see on other forums with people having the same issue. I don't know what else to do.  I either by a soundcard or find some type of decent usb interface that works with most headsets or headphones.

i personally would just go to an audio interface, I bought one about a month ago and im soo much happier with it verses the crappy realtek chip.

Can you give me some examples of what you reccomend? I have a usb Olympus 2 dac but that doesn't have the 3.5mm microphone plug.

Can you give me some examples of what you reccomend? I have a usb Olympus 2 dac but that doesn't have the 3.5mm microphone plug.

it depends on how much you wan to spend something like this will do you just fine: http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-iMic-Audio-Device/dp/B000BVV2IC

but personally i would go with something along the lines of a true audio interface just cause of the quality and on-board volume controls http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Solo-Compact-Interface/dp/B00MTXU2DG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423105589&sr=8-1&keywords=scarlett+solo  just put a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter in there and you've got a 1/8" input. it also allows for if you want to eventually get something like an AT 2020

I can spend around $100 since I have the Olympus 2 I don't really need anything for my headphones just something for my microphone which is 3.5mm

i cant seem to find one that doesn't have a headphone out. but i think the griffin one i linked would do just fine