Internal IP problem

Randelz

Hi!

I have a really wierd problem, time to time (daily) i need to change my internal IP in the windows ethernet adapter settings, if i don't change it a lots of programs can't connect to the internet/servers (teamspeak, and games like Counter-strike, Guild wars....). When this happens i change my internal IP and it works again. (example : from 192.168.1.20 to 192.168.1.21. I can't use the same ip twice). I use fix IP because its easy to change it that way. I tried to reinstall the windows, and it was good for ....~ 2weeks. And now it started again. I tried to use other dns than my providers, so i use the google dns 8.8.8.8 and i tried the openDNS too.

I dont think its a router problem because the other PCs work fine.

Any idea what causes this?

When the internet goes down again, try setting up a ping to google, so open command prompt, and type: ping 8.8.8.8 -t               You should get consistent results if it's working? That bypasses all DNS related issues and would give you an idea if things genuinely aren't getting through.

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Thanks, i will try that when the issue comes up again.

I tried to ping 8.8.8.8 when the problem occurs. " Request timed out", so i tried to "ipconfig /flush dns" ans "netsh int ip reset" doesn't help. Seems like the only thing that help is to change my internal IP, but i want to find whats the problem is, i don't want to deal with it daily.