Noise dumping kits

OCing Noob

one of my friends gave me 4 packs of some foam type things called "Lamptron Noise Dampening Kit for Mid Tower Casings"

I don't have any idea where to use this and why name says bit of it that it dumps the noise but how!

Plz help

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Side panels are good. Solid areas around fans might be good too.

Instead of letting sound waves bounce around and get out of your case, it'll provide a soft surface than can absorb some of the noise. Not going to suddenly make a loud system silent, but it should make it a little quieter.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

As stated above, it dampens noise by being a soft, dense surface which absorbs noise, rather than a hard, noise-conducting metal. You'd do best to apply the foam to the side panels, and any other large unobstructed expanses of metal. It won't make your PC completely silent, but it will help with vibrations and noise to some extent.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates