HELP Me Pick A Laptop (Budget £1750/$2650)

_Smyles

Hay,

I'm not much of a Laptop guy myself so i'm needing help in choosing my Dad a new Laptop. The budget is capped at around £1750 ($2650).

Requirements:

-This thing needs to be shit quick in all aspects.

-Look good and be made from good high quality materials (Not Plastic)

-Be able to replace a desktop PC (which it will be doing)

-Have a UK keyboard (not essential)

-Not to chunky

-Be an i7 CPU

-Have SSD's (at least 1 of any size) and a HDD (not essential)

-15"+ display

-Powerful GPU

-Good networking capabilities

-Not bothered about OS

-And primarily be available in the UK

-Also cannot be a Dell or Apple product!  :P

Thanks in advance. :)

Take that money, and buy a desktop, and if it needs to be portable make it a miniATX. Laptops are terrible choice for that money.

If it's a desktop replacement I recommend building a smaller rig unless he needs to take it out.

RIG:  CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal HDD SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card Case: Corsair 780T PSU: NZXT HALE82 850W 80+ Bronze Monitor: LG 34UM95-P Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Keyboard Mouse: Razer Taipan Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula Sound: Cyber Acoustics CA-3090, Corsair Vengeance 2100 :  1998.40 Euro

Take that money, and buy a desktop, and if it needs to be portable make it a miniATX. Laptops are terrible choice for that money.

If it's a desktop replacement I recommend building a smaller rig unless he needs to take it out.

That's what i said to him but he doesn't like the idea of me building him a small miniITX PC :(

Does it need to be a desktop or does it have to a laptop. If so, http://www.amazon.co.uk/G751JY-T7009H-17-3-inch-Notebook-i7-4710HQ-2-50GHz/dp/B00NWE0MUE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If a desktop but tiny

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor (£202.75 @ Scan.co.uk)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£34.91 @ Scan.co.uk)

Motherboard: MSI H97I AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard (£79.16 @ Scan.co.uk)

Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory (£114.52 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£155.94 @ Dabs)

Storage: Samsung Spinpoint M9T 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£86.48 @ Dabs)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (£269.96 @ Scan.co.uk)

Case: Lian-Li PC-TU100B Mini ITX Tower Case (£80.69 @ Overclockers.co.uk)

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply (£77.58 @ Scan.co.uk)

Total: £1101.99

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-22 18:04 GMT+0000

Steve

That's what i said to him but he doesn't like the idea of me building him a small miniITX PC :(

Well tell him that the miniITX is easier for maintenance and will last longer and retain performance for longer than that laptop. Plus it'll save him money!

Well tell him that the miniITX is easier for maintenance and will last longer and retain performance for longer than that laptop. Plus it'll save him money!

I think I've managed to change his mind by showing him these posts, and proving to him that it's not just me who thinks this! :D

-snip-

If he still wants the laptop, the P750ZM has desktop i7 CPUs and high end mobile chips with IPS displays... but I don't know if it fits your budget.

http://mysn.co.uk/shop/xmg-u505-gaminglaptop.html here is one website

http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/15in-gaming-laptop-geforce-970m-980m-clevo-p751zm here is another reputable website.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday