Fan speed and cpu cooling?

hueylax70790

Just wondering,

I have a Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU cooler with one fan that maxes out at around 1600rpm and my CPU idles at around 26-32 degrees. I was wondering, if i wanted to get that lower, could i just replace the fans with faster ones? so instead of just one fan, could i replace the one with 2 (of the same of course) with higher RPMs and get better cooling?

Just wondering,

I have a Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU cooler with one fan that maxes out at around 1600rpm and my CPU idles at around 26-32 degrees. I was wondering, if i wanted to get that lower, could i just replace the fans with faster ones? so instead of just one fan, could i replace the one with 2 (of the same of course) with higher RPMs and get better cooling?

Well yeah, if you have more pressure you will dissipate heat better.

Fan design is also a factor here. A Corsair AF fan is designed with thinner blades and will move more air, but an SP (Static Pressure) fan is designed to go through obstacles like Radiators without waisted air coming back through the fins. Getting at least one SP fan on there will help if you don't have one already let alone a push/ pull setup. Although push/pull have only shown to help by a few degrees. Saving space is nice too.

"I'd say welcome friend, but not here...not like this."

First: That temps are actually pretty fine. What would you want to mess with the cooler if everything is working?

To your question: Adding a second fan does (usually) not change much with regard to cooling performance. In general it is: The more air your fan pushes through the heatsink the better the cooling performance gets. More air can be achieved with faster or larger fans or by using a specialized fan such as SP fans (like NF-F12)

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency