Dead Motherboard?

bkrazy92
Go to solution Solved by bkrazy92,

Thanks for the reply, but the i hadn't moved  the CPU block during this change (only adding angled fittings)

I've left it alone for a few days and had some time today so I done a tear down (ram gpu and psu didnt touch the cpu as i have no thermal paste at the moment) put it back together, turned it on and there was life. Initally it only saw one of the HDD but another reboot and they all showed in the BIOS.

I have no idea what the problem was but I really don't care as it working and now i can continue with my 3d Cad work 

I just changed my water-cooled loop (put in some angled fittings, no new hardware), put everything back together and it will not post but the fans/pump which i plugged into the CPU spins up.

Ive tried:

Checked all connectors (8-pin, 24-pin, PCI-e)

Different memory and slots

a different GPU and the on board graphics

rest the bios/cmos

once it has power on i can not turn it off by holding the power button

Does this sound like a dead motherboard or another issue im not thinking of?

Thanks

if you screwed the cooler on too tight then you could have crushed the cpu and broken it

Thanks for the reply, but the i hadn't moved  the CPU block during this change (only adding angled fittings)

I've left it alone for a few days and had some time today so I done a tear down (ram gpu and psu didnt touch the cpu as i have no thermal paste at the moment) put it back together, turned it on and there was life. Initally it only saw one of the HDD but another reboot and they all showed in the BIOS.

I have no idea what the problem was but I really don't care as it working and now i can continue with my 3d Cad work