First semi-perfessional Audio setup help?

My first Amp/DAC setup will be with the Schiit stack that Linus reviewed. I will be using this on a laptop and will listen through them with a Sennheiser HD 558 (when I get a job soon will be HD 598). How well will this work?

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

The Schiit stack is a waste of money for that headphone. By professional do you mean studio/music production? If so, those are the wrong headphones to go for. Something more neutral would be better. Like the AKG K612.

If you have $220 to spend + selling your HD558 for $50-70. You could add some more money and grab fidelio X2 that doesn't need an amp.

And if you're really looking for studio quality headphone, as @NannerBeans said, get K612

Guys im just starting an have nothing else to compare to. I want the best sound out of my 558's. Where do I go from there?

Guys im just starting an have nothing else to compare to. I want the best sound out of my 558's. Where do I go from there?

Hold the phone. Do you own 558s right now? Are you planning to then get 598s? What are you plugging them into now? What makes you think you aren't getting the best sound out of them already?

Unless something is wrong with your onboard (interference/not loud enough), the way to improve is better headphones. 

Hold the phone. Do you own 558s right now? Are you planning to then get 598s? What are you plugging them into now? What makes you think you aren't getting the best sound out of them already?

I have the 558 and i am using these with my tablet currently

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=819633&gclid=Cj0KEQiAuMOlBRDf6_izz93n-pEBEiQAsJCJWs3D-JdN-7Yr1I4zOEEspsmVH8dbeAgaN6Pf17hC6cIaAl8x8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details

But I know my headphones have the 1/4 inch plug for a reason and I just want into the world of an audiophile and believe this is how I start. My end goal is the HD800's.

Unless something is wrong with your onboard (interference/not loud enough), the way to improve is better headphones.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=819633&gclid=Cj0KEQiAuMOlBRDf6_izz93n-pEBEiQAsJCJWs3D-JdN-7Yr1I4zOEEspsmVH8dbeAgaN6Pf17hC6cIaAl8x8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Those are the headphone amp I'm using and I know there is better.

I think you're pretty set on audio right now. Definitely DO NOT get the 598, they sound extremely similar to the 558. You should also do more research, and listening, before setting on the HD800.

I have the 558 and i am using these with my tablet currently

But I know my headphones have the 1/4 inch plug for a reason and I just want into the world of an audiophile and believe this is how I start. My end goal is the HD800's.

The reason is studio devices usually use 1/4" sockets. That's the only reason. It doesn't sound any better. It can be a bit more durable but for consumers, it really doesn't matter. Getting better headphones will actually do something unlike getting a dac/amp for that headphone. I've gotten a few expensive pairs of headphones ($500+) and honestly I hated it. It was a waste of money. I've decided to stick with a few $200-$300 headphones instead.