Possible dead SSD?

Jobbe03

Got an SSD not so long ago to fix and i can't seem to figure out what the problem with it is.

So basically what happens is, if it's plugged in, the pc will freeze at the splash screen and continue to do so until you take it out. 

I tried plugging it in using a sata - usb connector (with the pc running) and it shows up as usb3 ready to use (doesn't show up in management or under folders)... Upon further inspection it shows an error code 10.

Anyone know of any tips or tricks to get it to work? The drive is empty btw

It's an Ocz petrol if that matters 

I'm basically counting it as dead but thought i'd ask first. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Freezing at the splash screen means it's dead from my experience, it's sometimes still possible to get data off of it by connecting through USB on another computer but I'd just RMA it.

Yeah, that's what i thought. Thanks

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder