ATH-770COM Any Good?

So recently I bought some AKG K240's and an ATH-2500USB. Now I have never had any headphones / microphone as good as these! But after a while I bought some Philips in-ears for my phone (to listen while working), and they sound x10 better... This had lead me to really not like listening on the K240's, they have almost no bass, although the mids and the highs are alright. And the mic has no listen feature, unless you use the built in aux out, which is horrible quality sound.

I have now got an audio card with a "monitoring" feature which will allow me to loop the mic's audio to my headphones, so I am not constantly screaming.

I have found a buyer (my brother) who wants to buy the K240's for me for 60 bucks, that brings my total to 190 bucks to spend on a pair of headphones + mic, or headset.

I would prefer the headset route, since dealing with a giant mic in my face is kind of annoying.

I use headphones / mic for streaming, competitive gaming, and listening to music aswell.

OF NOTE: please don't mention Turtle Beach or SteelSeries or Razer etc. here, thanks.

So I found these online: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-770COM-Stereo-Headset/dp/B003X519CW/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1420008816&sr=1-10&keywords=headset+condenser+microphone

And I actually saw some in-ears that have a mic attached, it was a condenser mic too.

But I am hesitant to buy them since there are literally NO reviews in english, also the last time I bought something online was these K240's which sound totally 180 degrees of what I would expect from a semi-open design, having no bass at all.

Anyone here ever had any experience with either of those?

If both of those are rubbish, then what sort of headset / headphones+mic setup do you think would be good?

Also I have a soundcard with built in amp for 64+ ohms.

Thanks for reading :D

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

Its an M30 with a mic glued to it, could build the same for less.. E.G. M30 with clip on from Zalman. 
(Give me photos of that 280 tho...)

Its an M30 with a mic glued to it, could build the same for less.. E.G. M30 with clip on from Zalman. 

(Give me photos of that 280 tho...)

Ah, i thought they were M40x's and I have a zalman clip on mic, for some reason the audio is so low I would have to hold it to my face to hear it right. That is with mic boost on, which causes some noise aswell.

Ah, i thought they were M40x's and I have a zalman clip on mic, for some reason the audio is so low I would have to hold it to my face to hear it right. That is with mic boost on, which causes some noise aswell.

Gross, this works for some too. 

I tried that too, returned it, it was also too quiet.

Blue Snowflake then? 

That's a USB connection right? If so, I won't be able to hear myself.

Windows has a playback feature, might work for you, doesn't for some. 

Windows has a playback feature, might work for you, doesn't for some. 

Nah, since its USB there will be lag, so the listen feature is too lagy.

Grab a Kingston HyperX then I guess. 

Tried those at my local Frys, and they fall under "OF NOTE: please don't mention Turtle Beach or SteelSeries or Razer etc. here, thanks." which I said at the beginning, not too fond of the mic on them.

Tried those at my local Frys, and they fall under "OF NOTE: please don't mention Turtle Beach or SteelSeries or Razer etc. here, thanks." which I said at the beginning, not too fond of the mic on them.

Sony mdr7506 and a modmic then

Sony mdr7506 and a modmic then

Don't you think the ATH-770COM with its better pricing and condenser mic would be better?

I tried tne mdr7506's at a Guitar Center, they sounded nice, but I gave my modmic to my sister, and it had to be right next to my mouth to be useful.

Don't you think the ATH-770COM with its better pricing and condenser mic would be better?

I tried tne mdr7506's at a Guitar Center, they sounded nice, but I gave my modmic to my sister, and it had to be right next to my mouth to be useful.

Not really. The Audio-Technica are not nearly as good sounding. And if all 3 of those mics are quiet for you it might be your onboard and not the mic. Have you tried boosting the mic?

Not really. The Audio-Technica are not nearly as good sounding. And if all 3 of those mics are quiet for you it might be your onboard and not the mic. Have you tried boosting the mic?

Yes I have tried boosting it, it adds some noise, but its still quiet, I have a Xonar sound card, lemme try my onboard.

I have had people tell me to try the Sony, but I was hoping for a better mic setup with them.

I could try the new ModMic that came out...

EDIT: turns out the Xonar was the issue, might just switch that one out and modmic + those sony's. Are you sure that those will be good for gaming, streaming, and music?

Yes I have tried boosting it, it adds some noise, but its still quiet, I have a Xonar sound card, lemme try my onboard.

I have had people tell me to try the Sony, but I was hoping for a better mic setup with them.

I could try the new ModMic that came out...

EDIT: turns out the Xonar was the issue, might just switch that one out and modmic + those sony's. Are you sure that those will be good for gaming, streaming, and music?

An open headphone is better since it'll let you hear yourself and better for surround but you were complaining about the bass and there are no open headphones around $100 with great bass. If you want to spend more, you can get the AKG K612 or Beyerdynamic DT990 and that will be better.