3D Vision Kit - questions.

CannedLobster

I apologise if this thread is redundant, I am on my phone and I cannot, for the life of me, find the search function.

Anyway, I recently got my new PC and as well as the (3D ready) ASUS PG2780Q and I just got curious about 3D vision. I know next-to-nothing about 3D technically and practically so I have some questions.

Is it cool? Does it add to the experience? Is it a gimmick? There's a surprisingly large number of games that support 3D, I found out. Anyway, I'm curious: Does it pretty much cut FPS I half like on the little 3DS? In general: is it worth it, or is it just done bullshit? Etc. just any thoughts, do voice them, thanks.

If you like 3D then like it and don't worry about what other people think of it.  I love 2D to 3D and true 3D when gaming or watching movies on my 51" Samsung 1080p Plasma TV.  Enjoy it!  As for experience with the 3D Vision Kit I have none.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I do like 3D. If it's thought-out and not just a gimmicky sales-point.

How have you done 3D without the 'vision kit'? I thought that was the only option to be honest. Like I said, I'm ignorant of 3D relating PC.