Ideas on modding for a 750D's SSD mounts

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I own a 750D, the issue I have run into (besides Asus's Mobo being partial DOA) is I only use 2.5 " drives, mostly SSD's. This is particularly hard to run the SATA connectors to them all, I have 2 separate SATA cables running to my SSD's. only using 2 connections per strand. I have 2: Molex to 2 SATA coming in the mail, but I don't consider that a very elegant way of solving the extra cable issue I have. Does any one have any ideas? I may be purchasing a pre-sleeved kit for the PSU soon from Corsair, so there's some info if that changes anything, because my RM850's cables don't look very mod friendly. Thanks guys.

You can eliminate all sata cables and use a single molex split into sata for the two 2.5" drives and use the other molex on the chain for other things you need.

$(KGrHqV,!qsFGhC3DID2BRs1LI5UO!~~60_35.J

I own a 750D, the issue I have run into (besides Asus's Mobo being partial DOA) is I only use 2.5 " drives, mostly SSD's. This is particularly hard to run the SATA connectors to them all, I have 2 separate SATA cables running to my SSD's. only using 2 connections per strand. I have 2: Molex to 2 SATA coming in the mail, but I don't consider that a very elegant way of solving the extra cable issue I have. Does any one have any ideas? I may be purchasing a pre-sleeved kit for the PSU soon from Corsair, so there's some info if that changes anything, because my RM850's cables don't look very mod friendly. Thanks guys.

post-172800-0-08478900-1419852060.jpg

I only use SSD's and ran into cable management issues to, this is what I use. I got two.
SilverStone 4 Way SATA Power Splitter Cable.

Hopefully helps you.
CP06-34View.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I saw those when I went looking for solutions, the issue I have, which I guess I didn't put well into my OP is that as it shows in the picture (which again I didn't annotate) on the left of the case there are 4 tool-less drive holders. The position they are in makes its extremely difficult to cable manage. That piece looks excellent, but the issue I have is the length between the power connections isn't long enough. :/ thanks for the help though man!

Best way I can think of is run 2 sata power cables with the 3 daisy chain outptus and use positions 1 and 3 on each and just gently force it into the position to allow the cables to flow as smoothly as possibly but still fit.

Or even an idea could you fit your ssds in pairs one on top of the mounting and one inside the designated slot. that may make it easier, unfortunately no easy way around is. 

Hope this helps.

You can eliminate all sata cables and use a single molex split into sata for the two 2.5" drives and use the other molex on the chain for other things you need.

$(KGrHqV,!qsFGhC3DID2BRs1LI5UO!~~60_35.J

I have 2 of those coming in the mail, good solution for a lot of people, but for me I cannot eliminate sata power cables, my h00i uses sata power and doesn't work with molex adaptation