MSI Z87 G45 and Astro A40 Optical Setup Issues

I'm trying to setup up my 2013 Astro a40's with my PC via the Mixamp pro. I cannot get the audio to work with the optical out... I can only get it via USB. 

I believe the problem is a driver issue with the optical out of my MSI Z87 G45/ Realtek HD audio manager. Everything is plugged in correctly, all cables work, the optical cable has the laser, and have successfully used with PS4 and PC recently 

Ive tried selecting Realtek Digital Output (I think this should be optical out) as my playback device in the control panel but no sound will play. If i select Headset earphone in control panel (I believe is USB) audio works.

Im pretty sure this is a Realtek driver issue (I have updated/reinstalled) or a configuration issue. How do I get audio playback to go through my optical cable?

Yes, Digital Output is the optical out signal. Try selecting it as default then rebooting if you haven't tried that.

Yes, Digital Output is the optical out signal. Try selecting it as default then rebooting if you haven't tried that.

No good, Still can't hear any audio I try to test when Digital output is default.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0dCpQ5sJ49tT0pKM2hia1MxSWc&usp=sharing 

These pics show setup/ config if it helps.

Okay so when you select the headset while using the optical cable, does the audio work?

Yes, But its just using the USB because it works wether the optical is plugged or unplugged. Ideally id like to use optical for playback and usb just for recording/powering the mixamp.

Yes, But its just using the USB because it works wether the optical is plugged or unplugged. Ideally id like to use optical for playback and usb just for recording/powering the mixamp.

Is there a setting/button on the Mixamp that needs to be adjusted? My brother has the same setup but I can't really ask him about it at the moment.

Is there a setting/button on the Mixamp that needs to be adjusted? My brother has the same setup but I can't really ask him about it at the moment.

no, the mix amp has 4 sound profiles and dolby digital on/off. no matter what theyre set to i stilll get no sound.