problem with windows movie maker!

I want to cut up some gameplay that I recorded with shadowplay. Whenever it finishes loading the video into movie maker I get this yellow triangle with a exclamation mark inside it. I'll put a picture below so you can see for yourself. I have been using movie maker for the same purpose for over a year now and only just ran into the problem! I have friends that use movie maker as I do and they have never had this problem. The video files from shadowplay are MP4.

post-44335-0-42083100-1419396281_thumb.j

Generally the yellow exclamation point means that the videos location cannont be found ( or has been deleted ). I used WMM for awhile back when I made gameplays and I found other programs that were great to use were VSDC free video editor or go type in Adobe CS2 Free and make an account on Adobe's website and download Adobe Premiere Pro 2 for free ( and legally ). Sadily, Premiere doesn't work with MP4's ( unless you convert them ( Format Factory) ), so I would suggest VSDC.

I want to cut up some gameplay that I recorded with shadowplay. Whenever it finishes loading the video into movie maker I get this yellow triangle with a exclamation mark inside it. I'll put a picture below so you can see for yourself. I have been using movie maker for the same purpose for over a year now and only just ran into the problem! I have friends that use movie maker as I do and they have never had this problem. The video files from shadowplay are MP4.

Use a free converter to convert the footage into a format that Windows Movie Maker will accept.

Use a free converter to convert the footage into a format that Windows Movie Maker will accept.

But I don't understand why I have to change the format is it has been working for a year. My friends are also using windows movie maker for the same stuff and is mp4 for them too.

But I don't understand why I have to change the format is it has been working for a year. My friends are also using windows movie maker for the same stuff and is mp4 for them too.

Have you recently made any changes to your computer or settings?

Also, what resolution is the footage you're trying to use? And what format? (Check in Properties).

Have you recently made any changes to your computer or settings?

Also, what resolution is the footage you're trying to use? And what format? (Check in Properties).

I record in 1080p and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything.

I record in 1080p and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything.

You must have done something different. Your footage format is unsupported, or requires a different codec.

Try loading it up in WMM a few more times. If it doesn't work, just write it off, capture some more footage then see if it does the same thing.

Generally the yellow exclamation point means that the videos location cannont be found ( or has been deleted ). I used WMM for awhile back when I made gameplays and I found other programs that were great to use were VSDC free video editor or go type in Adobe CS2 Free and make an account on Adobe's website and download Adobe Premiere Pro 2 for free ( and legally ). Sadily, Premiere doesn't work with MP4's ( unless you convert them ( Format Factory) ), so I would suggest VSDC.

I download VSDC it looks pretty good thanks! haven't spent much time on it but thanks for the help :)

You must have done something different. Your footage format is unsupported, or requires a different codec.

Try loading it up in WMM a few more times. If it doesn't work, just write it off, capture some more footage then see if it does the same thing.

I have tried this multiple times and still no luck :(