Fullscreen youtube issue

Go to solution Solved by AnalogPowerButton,

Network left aside, did you try a clean install of google chrome yet? And do you use any kind of plugins for Chrome that might be causing it?

Also try other browsers.

I am 100% in the dark on this, but it's probably browser related. 

Okay so I did a clean install of chrome and it seemed to have fixed the issue and it may have been that I was running a buggy version of chrome or something (when I did the install it said I was installing an older version of chrome which is weird because I got the most up to date version directly from the chrome site). Anyways thanks for the help!

So the issue I am currently having is whenever I watch a youtube video in fullscreen for a short amount of time (anywhere between 1-5 minutes) the video locks up but the audio continues. Whats even more unusual is the fact that when I press the escape key it puts me at my desktop and shows that the browser i'm using (google chrome, I haven't tested it with firefox yet) is closed but the audio is still going and in order for it to stop i have to go to the task manager and close each task that chrome has up even though a window isn't open.

System info: 

OS- Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

CPU- AMD FX-8350

Ram- (8GBx1) Corsair DDR3 1600

Motherboard- ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+

Harddrive- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

GPU- XFX R9 280X

Power Supply- Rosewill 750W 

Seems like it might be a networking issue.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Seems like it might be a networking issue.

If it was a networking issue wouldn't it happen if the videos weren't in fullscreen too? 

If it was a networking issue wouldn't it happen if the videos weren't in fullscreen too? 

Network left aside, did you try a clean install of google chrome yet? And do you use any kind of plugins for Chrome that might be causing it?

Also try other browsers.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Also try other browsers.

Ive just done a test with firefox with similar conditions with multiple videos (on both chrome and firefox I use a plugin called Youtube center which adds more funcitonality to youtube) and I've found that fullscreen videos run just fine on firefox. I might do a clean install of chrome though to see if it remedies the issue.

Also try other browsers.

Okay so I did a clean install of chrome and it seemed to have fixed the issue and it may have been that I was running a buggy version of chrome or something (when I did the install it said I was installing an older version of chrome which is weird because I got the most up to date version directly from the chrome site). Anyways thanks for the help!