Best fans

grimmjow660

What are the best 120mm and 140mm fans to buy? Looks aren't important as they'll be going in an NZXT H440 or Fractal Design R5. Haven't decided which case yet.

Also what fans would be best for a Corsair h105?

LED SP 140 & 120 look sexsy and function fine

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Noctuas and Corsair fans (sp or af) are both good choices, if you want to go corsair, the best fans for a radiator (h105) would be the corsair sp120 fans.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Rosewill Hyperboeras

Corsair SP120(QE) PE fans get so loud under full load

Noctua NF-F12

Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15

No

Corsair fans aren't that great for quiet fans. 

fine then bitfenix spectre fans

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

What are the best 120mm and 140mm fans to buy? Looks aren't important as they'll be going in an NZXT H440 or Fractal Design R5. Haven't decided which case yet.

Also what fans would be best for a Corsair h105?

Cougar's HDB and Dual-X fans are amazing. But personally I'd save money and get some Gelid Silent 12 or Rosewill Hyperboreas

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

LED SP 140 & 120 look sexsy and function fine

lol no

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

lol no

k den...

Gentle Typhoon
Noctua Nf-F12 industrialppc
Noctua Nf-A14 industrialppc
Bequiet! Silent Wings 2
Noiseblocker Eloop (*push* only)
Noiseblocker Multiframe m12
Rosewell Hyperborea

Bitfenix Spectre Pro

Enermag Magma/Twister Pressure

Cougar Vortex

Thermalright ty140

Basically anything but SP/AF 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

fine then bitfenix spectre fans

Spectre perform just as well as AF LED and cost noticeably less, so if LEDs are important they are a great choice. Otherwise Gelid Silent 12 and Hyperborea

Spectre perform just as well as AF LED and cost noticeably less, so if LEDs are important they are a great choice. Otherwise Gelid Silent 12 and Hyperborea

i'll just leave this thread...

Gentle Typhoon

Noctua Nf-F12 industrialppc

Noctua Nf-A14 industrialppc

Bequiet! Silent Wings 2

Noiseblocker Eloop (pull only)

Noiseblocker Multiframe m12

Rosewell Hyperborea

Bitfenix Spectre Pro

Enermag Magma/Twister Pressure

Basically anything but SP/AF 

Hope you mean push only for the Eloops

Silent 12 are better built tho, worth the few bucks more for that IMO but the Hyperborea would look nicer in an all-black build, as the Silent 12's blades are white.

Hope you mean push only for the Eloops

yeah sorry, thats what I meant.  :D  Thanks

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Bitfenix Spectre Pro

No, just no.

Spectre Pro is one fan I'd actually take Corsair AF/SP over.

Silent 12 are better built tho, worth the few bucks more for that IMO but the Hyperborea would look nicer in an all-black build, as the Silent 12's blades are white.

But Silent 12 fans have a 3 pin fan connector while Hyperboreas have 4 pin fan connector.

No, just no.

Corsair fans are load as hell under full load. I got AF120 PE fans running in my rig and they are load.

But Silent 12 fans have a 3 pin fan connector while Hyperboreas have 4 pin fan connector.

There's a PWM version of the Silent 12 as well.

Corsair fans are load as hell under full load. I got AF120 PE fans running in my rig and they are load.

Well that's the PE for ya lol, I have a QE AF140 and a 140mm Spectre Pro. The Spectre Pro is just stupidly loud at anything above 5V which is ridiculous. Even the regular Spectre are much quieter.

No, just no.

Ummm, why do you say that?

They push more air at a lower RPM. Quieter too. The static pressure is about the same between them.  That's compared to the QE. The performance editions are WAYYY too loud

uomXBN5.png

From Anandtech - http://www.anandtech.com/show/6177/choosing-the-best-120mm-radiator-fan-testing-eight-fans-with-corsairs-h80/5

Well that's the PE for ya lol, I have a QE AF140 and a 140mm Spectre Pro. The Spectre Pro is just stupidly loud at anything above 5V which is ridiculous. Even the regular Spectre are much quieter.

Yeah, somebody else on the forum said get AF120 over Sickleflows so i went with Corsair. Wasted 30 bucks, want to return them and buy Hyperboaras instead.

Yeah, somebody else on the forum said get AF120 over Sickleflows so i went with Corsair. Wasted 30 bucks, want to return them and buy Hyperboaras instead.

AF120 over Sickleflow any freaking day. God I hate Sickleflows, I had four of them and they all went in the trash less then an hour after being installed.

Ummm, why do you say that?

They push more air at a lower RPM. Quieter too. The static pressure is about the same between them.  That's compared to the QE. The performance editions are WAYYY too loud

That's "rated" dBA... irl it sounds like a truck. I have one on the table right next to me. It's not in my PC for a reason.

AF120 over Sickleflow any freaking day. God I hate Sickleflows, I had four of them and they all went in the trash less then an hour after being installed.

That's "rated" dBA... irl it sounds like a truck. I have one on the table right next to me. It's not in my PC for a reason.

Oh shoot, you're right. It says "test results" right above that pic, so I thought it was the actual test, but they just put all the rated number of the fans on one graph. Sorry  :P

Here's the actual test, they don't seem bad. Around the same as the QE. Don't know how the sound signature is.. that may be what makes it so bad. 

49400.png

Both QE and PE are better performing than the Spectre pros... I swear they were really good fans. Maybe it was the non-pro?

I agree with you on the Sickleflow. Worst. Fans. Ever. The specs are grossly over-exaggerated.