Windows 8 in RAID mode

Darkfeign

Hi guys,

So I've recently decided to take the jump and move I windows 8 (not really sure why I decided to do that and regretting it now). Anyway, I've even experiencing constant crashes from a clean OS before even doing anything. Just updating the system I'm getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screens and even when I've updated drivers it'll still crash. At completely arbitrary times (during update downloading, browsing the Internet etc.)

I did notice however, on the countless time I reinstalled the OS that I forgot to set the motherboard to RAID mode (installed in AHCI, usually raid because of a cache drive I was setting up). So in AHCI mode I was able to install all drivers without these annoying, constant crashes. I've already updated my BIOS but when I reinstalled it again in RAID it keeps crashing.

Any ideas? I'm stuck.

Why would you regret moving to a faster OS? And also, are you using SSD or HDD?

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Can you possibly upload the dmp file so we can get a better understanding of what is causing your computer to BSOD?

Try to

- Make sure sata cables are plugged properly.

- Try a different sata port.

- Try a different sata cable.

If that did not work try to

- Update your chipset drivers for your CPU/motherboard etc...

- Turn off low power management in control panel (windows 8 is known for this)

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I am using a HDD for installation and setting up a small SSD for SRT caching. From this I realised the RAID setup was causing issues. However I think I have managed to solve this problem:

When updating my BIOS, it appears to have added a 'Secure Boot' option that 1) restricted my operating systems to Windows 8 only - linux mint would not boot in this mode 2) seemed to cause constant crashing of windows 8 which appears to have been resolved. Despite the fact that the secure boot is meant for Windows 8, if anybody runs into this issue I suggest selected 'Other OS' in Secure boot for ASUS motherboards. Thanks again guys.