Would more ram help?

jnmbhj

I currently have 16 gb of corsair vengence 1866 ram. Should I get some more ram? I will be doing a lot of video editing and photo editing, once I get 2 tb wd black drive and a second 280x. But will i see a noticeable improvement in render times? I know that In gaming its not going to make any difference.

Btw i have the 8350. 256gb samsung 840 pro and 1tb of seagate sshd(was a mistake) 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

In render times? probably not. You will see somewhat of an improvement when it comes to loading and scrubbing film, but it probably won't be worth it. I'd sugguest a second SSD and set that up as the caching and editing drive only.

I might be wrong.

Ive read that Rendering is better with High amounts of Ram, 16GB+ and runs EVEN BETTER when your sticks are properly assembled to run in Dual, Tri, or quad channeling. Each resulting in minutes shaved off per hour of rendering time. So, If you have 16GB now, make sure its running in the most channels possible. If you can only run Dual but you have a quad board, buy more Identical sticks and run it in quad channeling. Or Tri. whatever your Mobo supports.

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor