Disadvantages to WASD Keyboards?

TechBlitZ

I'm looking to buy a new keyboard, but can't make my mind up as to which one to buy.

I really like the idea of creating my own keyboard design on http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/ But what are the disadvantages? I enjoy the fact its my own design, and its unique, but are makes like Ducky and Filco better quality?

Any other suggestions?

In the UK a Ducky is around £130-150 but a WASD would be around £80, how come Ducky's are so much more?

All 3 of these brands have comparable build qualities and are all very reputable brands. You won't be disappointed with either of the 3, but with that large of a price difference I would definitely go for the WASD. How much is a Filco over there?

In the UK a Ducky is around £130-150 but a WASD would be around £80, how come Ducky's are so much more?
Ducky's are ridiculously hyped at the moment, thanks to OCN and some other places (with a few people here buying into that). I'd say that probably has something to do with it.

All 3 of these brands have comparable build qualities and are all very reputable brands. You won't be disappointed with either of the 3, but with that large of a price difference I would definitely go for the WASD. How much is a Filco over there?
A filco Majestouch is around £100 - 120, very plain design - Compared to creating you own, which I think is the way for me :)

I have a Filco myself and I absolutely love it! :)

I'm looking to buy a new keyboard' date=' but can't make my mind up as to which one to buy. I really like the idea of creating my own keyboard design on [url']http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/ But what are the disadvantages? I enjoy the fact its my own design, and its unique, but are makes like Ducky and Filco better quality? Any other suggestions?

WASD and Filco share the same OEM: Costar. The build quality will be comparable, very solid and will feel nice. As for the price difference, have you factored in the exchange rate? If WASD were to sell in the UK, their prices would probably inflate alot( similar to that of the Ducky's, the Filcos etc) ; the reason it's cheaper is because you're buying from the US in $ and your bank will just use the current exchange rate to charge you, companies don't tend to use the exchange rate for their pricing, hence why everything is more expensive in the UK.

The only disadvantage i can think of is the price and lack of backlight...

Personally i would go with a ducky shine. I love my shine...