help with my first build.

nemphias

okay so far i got this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22phBm

What is need: a H97 motherboard i was thinking of the MSI one but i don't know which is the best H97 Mobo

A case: no sidewindow and ATX size and easy to build in with good cable management would like it to be black but not required also around 80$

the rest is okay the RAM is just one i choose so that is also open to change the storage and proccesor is definite and won't be changed

Also no overclocking pls

1. Budget & Location

budget: 950 euro and i live in holland 950 euro's is around 1183,23 american dollars.

2. Aim
play the newest games like: the crew, Far cry 4, just cause 3 and lot's more.

3. Monitors
i have one monitor with 1920x1080

4. Peripherals
nope got that all covered

5. Why are you upgrading?
because i need a pc my laptop won't handle the games anymore.

Looks good, but are you sure you don't want the i5 4690K? (It's basically the same, but you can overclock it)

Here is your list with a motherboard I recommend:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: MSI H97 GAMING 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($116.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($349.95 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($52.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $924.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-29 14:15 EST-0500

If you decide to overclock, here is what I recommend:

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($319.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $943.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-29 14:20 EST-0500

Hope I helped! Any question just ask

dude what

Looks good, but are you sure you don't want the i5 4690K? (It's basically the same, but you can overclock it)

Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($52.98 @ OutletPC) 

Have you heard of eu.pcpartpicker.com? . He's in Europe. Learn to read posts.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

We'll thats my fault cause I didn't use it as well

thank you, but for one i'm not at all going to overlcock i just don't want to. And the S340 isn't very buyable in the netherlands.

so could you suggest another one maybe? @fababaa

I didn't know, sorry

dude what

thank you, but for one i'm not at all going to overlcock i just don't want to. And the S340 isn't very buyable in the netherlands.

so could you suggest another one maybe? @fababaa

Ok, so here it is with the Fractal Design Define R4 (I really recommend this case)

Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.29 @ Amazon) 
Total: $940.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-29 18:32 EST-0500

Anything else, just ask (also, I'm sorry for taking so long answering)

dude what

You guys are friggin hopeless. Giving US prices to a European.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/mistersprinkles/saved/dX6KHx

German prices. (Euros)

Lets you overclock later if you want to. If not, gives you a high speed chip and an awesome motherboard.

R9 290 was cheaper than 970.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/mistersprinkles/saved/whQLrH

No overclocking. Great motherboard, 2x size SSD.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sGMwjX

Its worth changing the cpu to a 4460 because it costs $50 less and only reduces the clock speed by 300MHz but hopefully you havent bought the cpu yet. I used the extra money for a cpu cooler to keep things quieter

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Use the German pcpartpicker. Giving this guy US prices is pointless.

Use the German pcpartpicker. Giving this guy US prices is pointless.

It's not pointless because if he orders everything from Amazon (which ships internationally) he'll save money because of the Dollar-Euro thing

For example 1$ = 0,8€, so, 940$ = 754€

dude what

It's not pointless because if he orders everything from Amazon (which ships internationally) he'll save money because of the Dollar-Euro thing

For example 1$ = 0,8€, so, 940$ = 754€

Import fees are to damn high not worth it

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sGMwjX

Its worth changing the cpu to a 4460 because it costs $50 less and only reduces the clock speed by 300MHz but hopefully you havent bought the cpu yet. I used the extra money for a cpu cooler to keep things quieter

thanks i'll look into it

Ok, so here it is with the Fractal Design Define R4 (I really recommend this case)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($55.98 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.29 @ Amazon) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $940.19

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-29 18:32 EST-0500

Anything else, just ask (also, I'm sorry for taking so long answering)

i love that case aswell but it's 100 euro's in here :( and with that price i'm going with the h440

950 Euros is around £756 so slightly over. Prices should be pretty similar in Holland.

You could drop the SSD if you want to stay in budget.

Also a 500W psu if you don't plan on SLI.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£167.50 @ Amazon UK) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.38 @ CCL Computers) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£84.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.75 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  (£259.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Case: Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case  (£64.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£66.50 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £780.30

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-30 14:27 GMT+0000

This thread is making me rip my hair out. Why oh WHY aren't people giving this guy prices in Euros??

This thread is making me rip my hair out. Why oh WHY aren't people giving this guy prices in Euros??

Jup

PRICES ARE DIFFERENT IN THE NETHERANDS GOD JESUS CHRIST LEARN TO GIVE US EURO PRICES.

I will help him further from here as I am dutch myself so I can actually be usefull and not recommend people US dollars or pounds. Oh yeah pounds are just as stupid as they differentiate even more sometimes then US prices.

@nemphias where did you wanna order from?

Jup

PRICES ARE DIFFERENT IN THE NETHERANDS GOD JESUS CHRIST LEARN TO GIVE US EURO PRICES.

I will help him further from here as I am dutch myself so I can actually be usefull and not recommend people US dollars or pounds. Oh yeah pounds are just as stupid as they differentiate even more sometimes then US prices.

@nemphias where did you wanna order from?

I was thinking of using alternate.nl for ordering the components and then maybe another for the case because alternate doesn't have so many cases. Or do you recommend another site?? Or just buy each part individually? @Rebelattack

It still won't be an accurate price even if we use the German/Spanish/UK version of pcpartpicker. Like I said in my spec above, 950 Euros works out at £756. Prices in UK will be pretty similar to Europe.

950 Euros is around £756 so slightly over. Prices should be pretty similar in Holland.

You could drop the SSD if you want to stay in budget.

Also a 500W psu if you don't plan on SLI.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£167.50 @ Amazon UK) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.38 @ CCL Computers) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£84.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£61.21 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.75 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  (£259.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Case: Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case  (£64.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£66.50 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £780.30

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-30 14:27 GMT+0000

I like the SSD you choose, and i will propably go with that one but i would like some more information why you choose the RAM because i don't know much about it and someone recommend g.skill so why is yours better than the g.skill or was it just cheaper? Also the rest of the build is useless to me since i don't want to overclock because i'm not really into that and I don't want to use cheaper components to be able to afford the components needed for being able to overclock but thanks for replying @lee32uk

It still won't be an accurate price even if we use the German/Spanish/UK version of pcpartpicker. Like I said in my spec above, 950 Euros works out at £756. Prices in UK will be pretty similar to Europe.

Nope they are totally not.

I like the SSD you choose, and i will propably go with that one but i would like some more information why you choose the RAM because i don't know much about it and someone recommend g.skill so why is yours better than the g.skill or was it just cheaper? Also the rest of the build is useless to me since i don't want to overclock because i'm not really into that and I don't want to use cheaper components to be able to afford the components needed for being able to overclock but thanks for replying @lee32uk

RAM is RAM, you look at how much Gb it is and the clock speed and sometimes the CAS but from that just look at who is the least expensive. Brands don't really matter but trusted ones are Corsair, G.Skill, Crucial, Kingston and GeIL. Other brands will be probably also fine but those are the brands that most will recommend and most will look at when building a PC. 

The build that @lee32uk gave you is good. If you have any problems with the budget just ask me as I live in The netherlands too (so stupid to say that in english) and so I can look where components are cheaper or what you can change. Depends off course fully on where you are gonna order.

I was thinking of using alternate.nl for ordering the components and then maybe another for the case because alternate doesn't have so many cases. Or do you recommend another site?? Or just buy each part individually? @Rebelattack

Try to order as much as you can from one website that is the best thing to do> alternate.nl has the biggest assortiment and it is the cheapest on 99% of the stuff. Yeah the big sellers really lack in cases if I go to paradigit, 4launch alternate they all don't have the cases people recommend. Just use tweakers.net to see where you can order cases the cheapest. Maybe btw look at a EVGA G2 750W power supply if you can otherwise go with the XFX one.

RAM is RAM, you look at how much Gb it is and the clock speed and sometimes the CAS but from that just look at who is the least expensive. Brands don't really matter but trusted ones are Corsair, G.Skill, Crucial, Kingston and GeIL. Other brands will be probably also fine but those are the brands that most will recommend and most will look at when building a PC. 

The build that @lee32uk gave you is good. If you have any problems with the budget just ask me as I live in The netherlands too (so stupid to say that in english) and so I can look where components are cheaper or what you can change. Depends off course fully on where you are gonna order.

Try to order as much as you can from one website that is the best thing to do> alternate.nl has the biggest assortiment and it is the cheapest on 99% of the stuff. Yeah the big sellers really lack in cases if I go to paradigit, 4launch alternate they all don't have the cases people recommend. Just use tweakers.net to see where you can order cases the cheapest. Maybe btw look at a EVGA G2 750W power supply if you can otherwise go with the XFX one.

okay... so I now got this: http://www.alternate.nl/html/configurator/builder/loadSharedConfiguration.html?kind=pcBuilder&id=f7d93262a8f039d10a180de8d80321df which is 50 euro's over my budget. altough that is not that bad if I could save money on something (yes the SSD has to stay) where should I? @Rebelattack