Non Steam Games

matto97

When i add non steam games to my steam library they vanish a week later and i have to re add them. why and is there a way to stop it?

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

You're using disk games I presume, so they disappear after the disk is removed since the files for the game are no longer present.

You'll need to create disk images in something like daemon tools and keep them permanently mounted in a virtual optical drive.

Games that are installed from the disc (and don't require disc to play) remain on your steam library. I have a handful of games that are still on my library after months (AC3, WoW, GW2, etc).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

no MMO's and some single player games that are digitle coppys

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

i havent used a disk in over 2 years

Okay, I've only ever had this issue with disk games and the daemontools thing fixed it. No idea why they would drop out like that then, unless they're downloading updates or something which intefere with the files which Steam sees...

i could see that as true but sometime it happens even tho there hasent been an update for a couple of weeks