Should i SLI 2 gtx 560s (non ti)

Chucklesaurus

As the description says i am looking to sli two gtx 560s and wondering if anyone has the this set up and can give me some of the fps's they are getting and if it is worth doing?

I haven't done it, but it does depend on a few factors:

- Do you have one already? If not, don't consider it.

- If you already have one, how much does a second cost for you personally?

- The scaling (fps) will probably more or less increase by 85-90%.

My advise is never to SLI or Crossfire an old generation of cards. Sell the old card on ebay and get a new card from the current gen (maybe a 680). Have tried to crossfire 6950s which would be the same gen as the 560s, should have had the same performance as a 680 on paper, but since no games support it, and when they do, it just laud and hot as the sun.. It ultimately resulted in me giving my brother one of the 6950s and now waiting for the new generation of nVidia cards, where i want to grap a 780 :)

My advice is to stick with a single card and only go SLI or crossfire on the big cards like 680 and 7970 for epic ownage :) Otherwise its just not worth it :) But as almost everything its a personal preference. I know guys who loves to have 2 cards in their machine because it looks epic, but once i tell them to turn it on a show me the temps its not that cool but rather laud ;)

EDIT: Well i only answered the boring stuff, lest get some NUMBERS!!! http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,1.html elso for BF 3 http://www.geforce.com/optimize/opti...TX-560-SLI-OPS

BTW, just took a look at the comments on the nVidia site, the top comment was the following which im going to steal muhaha.....

this is almost the same FPS that GTX670 has. GTX560 SLI will cost you 350$ but a gtx670 will cost 400$. COOOOOOOOOOOL

btw dont look on other comments... they are not for the once who still have brain cells :P JK

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

Only do it if you can get the second (I assume you have one already) for a very good price second hand.

Thanks for the replies so quickly and yeah i have one already, its a evga 560 sc and i can get a second one for about 140ish now.

Umm 140 for a 560 is WAYYY overpriced, I would either sell and buy a 660, maybe the ti. Or wait for the 700 series and sell then buy.

I personally wouldn't SLI. Lots of power consumption and heat with two cards and SLI can be a huge hassle sometimes. I would probably sell the 560 and see what card you can get for your budget. More often than not it'll be the better option.

single card is better, dual cards don't scale great. don't even consider it unless you already have one card.

spend the money on a better single card.