Booting without using power button

omaroma11

How can I boot my pc without using the button

If you find the pins on the motherboard where the power switch should go, you can bridge across these with a metal object. This should work fine. If you don't know where these pins are, consult your motherboard's manual. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Like Bchampion96 said bridge the 2 pins where the power switch should go (check the manual for the right ones) ,i personally use a flat screwdriver (way easier,esp if it's in a case already) to bridge them.

What motherboard do you have btw (most motherboards these days got a power button right on the motherboard) ?

If it doesn't boot it could be that there is something else wrong (psu for example)

Have you opened your chassi and made some changes inside? Check if you have detached any cabel or if you have turned the switch on the PSU to off.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs